1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. texian

texian Member

Based on a difference of 9 playcalls, over the entire season.

Do you think Savage might have been in more late down/long distance situations than Watson? (probably) How does p-a work on 3rd and long? (pretty useless) Can you twist numbers to push a personal agenda? (absolutely)

Of course not. If he could have, he would have and we wouldn’t have needed to draft a QB.

Remember though, that’s the John Fox offense. Mitchell will do better with a play caller that gives him the opportunity to do so.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yes, you can twist anything to fit your argument.

I am not a believer in Mitch at all but the argument is that his playcalling and WRs suck. He looked terrible regardless

red5rocket likes this.
  3. texian

texian Member

He’ll be better, Nagy is a former QB and they added the guy from Oregon. Should be some half field, easy presnap reads. He just needs to grow into a leader from what looks to me like a pretty timid guy.

4. 1234567

1234567 Member

It's the field awareness and running ability that sets them apart.

Savage could not do the things Watson did and the calls were adjusted accordingly

Eye test is sorta important.

Who passed it and who is looking for a job?

If there was no Watson for next season I dare say there is no hope for this team.

But with elite QB, there is hope.

Can will anyone say that about Savage?

5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

If the guys a cleveland fan it's obvious he's trying to justify them trading the Deshaun pick to us.
    We would be doing the same if we screwed up like that.
    They should just be happy that they have 2 choice picks from us this year.
    They can draft Darnold (or Rosen) and hope Barkley falls to 4.
    Everyone's happy!

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Watson ahead of schedule. Best Texans news I've heard in awhile.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Move over Harden.

Watson has now taken over as the most Thot Athlete in Houston. He owns all the strippers in Houston. Just saying. lol

Rodman23 likes this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Is it weird that I'm more excited about D'onta Foreman coming back?? Watson to me was always a given.....the guy is a high achieving, high motor, hard working, highly intelligent person who has succeeded at everything he's done. I wasn't concerned about his rehab.

Foreman, OTOH, had an Achilles injury at the RB position. That's a potential career-ender, especially for someone as explosive as him. Before he got injured, he looked like he was ready to supplant Miller as the featured back immediately. I'm hoping he picks up right where he left off, because that would be a huge boost to this offense.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Does he really? I dont need my starting qb coming to games on Sunday hungover, covered in stripper dust, and smelling of a fish market.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He's a new man on campus. Girls that have been around other athletes are finding ways to him. Not saying he;s in the clubs, just the girls around him are a lot of EX stripper / ig models.

I don't think he will be like Harden. I know he doesn't drink during the season. He seems really confident and motivated. Hear he's in the elevator lobby around 5-6 am everyday ready to train. Keeps it low key more.

donkeypunch likes this.
  12. donkeypunch

Damn, the bishes are gonna want him even more now that he plays it cool and not chasing in the clubs. Dammit Deshaun, it must be nice to have it all.

red5rocket and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think Athletes just love being in Houston compared to NYC / LA. Biggest star in town, ppl show love all day and you have your picks with any girls you basically want. Don't have to deal with Leo DiCaprio and Timberlake.

Rodman23 likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

I should have you take me to the strip clubs and say that Im some famous tennis player. Those girls arent gonna know who the hell any tennis players are. We take an Uber Black there. Get bottles. Have girls dance on us. Profit.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol, Pimpfans.

16. texian

texian Member

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

No lie! Have a friend 6’6 that’s built like a athlete and he gets heavy play everywhere. Bad part of the story for you guys, he’s from Berkeley so almost always has a warriors shirt on. Best part, they always have friends for me :D.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I hear you on Foreman and I'm excited to see him back on the field also but we've never had anything like Watson at qb so to hear him ahead of schedule is amazing. If both stay healthy to go along with Hop and WF that will be one scary ass offense.

red5rocket and macho GRANDE like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member