1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yet they averaged over 20 points for the last 6 games.

O'Brien would have averaged 13

2. showa13

showa13 Member

We can't know that for sure, he might've he might not have. That defense was very elite and the offense didn't wet the bed. It also helped that Cam had a meltdown in the Super Bowl. I'm not saying Kubs offensive philosophy is bad, just that his offense was not at all the reason they won SB50

3. showa13

showa13 Member

If the defense wasn't playing the way they were they don't sniff the Super Bowl that year.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, all of the evidence points to the Broncos failing to make the playoffs the season they won the SB if they had a godawful coach like BOB instead of an offensive genius guru like Kubiak.

My point is that having a head coach that is competent can be the difference between winning a SB and failing to make the playoffs at all.....even if what that coach is good at isn't the reason the team is good. Not many teams could overcome BOB's terrible coaching and still win a SB.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but even with the defense playing the way they were, if they had an awful coach like BOB running the offense instead of Kubiak, they still don't sniff the SB.....or even the playoffs.

6. Mr. Clutch

Of course. My point is he's still a fantastic offensive coach and most coaches would get 15 points a game from that unit

7. showa13

showa13 Member

I'm not disagreeing with needing a competent coach to win a SB, I'm disagreeing with the notion that Kubs offense was how they won the SB, something I've seen others post on here. He's not the reason they won the super bowl, Wade and his defense is.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The conversation was always centered around how much it sucks that the Texans are stuck with an incompetent coach and how having someone that terrible at coaching can and probably will hold this team back. The comparison was showing that if you put an awful coach like BOB on other teams that won the SB, he prevents that from happening due to his incompetence. He was only once capable of having an offense as good as that Broncos offense with Osweiler and he's had a LOT more to work with.

Hopefully he doesn't get an extension and we can move on to a competent coach before we waste too many years of Watson's career.

9. Mr. Clutch

They won with defense for sure. But he's the head coach and had to manage an offense with serious issues. Teams usually don't win with bad QB play

10. showa13

showa13 Member

They could run the ball that year I'll give him that. I'm just saying the defense is what got them to the SB and what ultimately won the SB for them. Kubs gets too much credit for the job Wade did that year.

11. showa13

showa13 Member

He doesn't need an extension I agree with that, would be a terrible move.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Dafaq does that mean and who is this guy ..?

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Looks like Tim Tebow the blessed virgin who is blessing Watson with health

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

What did DW's sweatshirt say?

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Jesus

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm sure he'll be anxious to get back at it, but this young man needs to take it slow.

Don't end up like Watt trying to make a return prior to being fully recovered. Patience young Padawan.

20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I was trying to figure out what record Deshaun could be related to with those other QB's and then realized that it was just the year end totals for this year!
    So Deshaun had as many or more td passes than all those guys despite playing less than half a full season. lol
    That's a "Ruthian" effort!