1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Williams may be traded today (Traded to Kings)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Mr Chuck Norris

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Derrick Williams run in Minnesota is 99.9 percent over...details at 3</p>&mdash; Dan Barreiro (@DanBarreiroKFAN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN/statuses/405054305599631360">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

#blockbuster

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Should have drafted Jonas V or Kanter...SMH.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This is a bit underwhelming. I don't even know a team that would be able to utilize him...

5. Mr. Space City

"I think I'm the No. 1 pick because I have more star quality I would think," the small forward said. "I'm just a bigger person. Just trying to fill in for a big star like LeBron like they're missing. That missing piece. I think that's me." - Derrick Williams

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Been trying to trade him for 2 years now, not really sure why that 1% chance ends today. I doubt they will be able to move him until he's considered an expiring contract unless a team is dumb enough to pay him what he's due not just this year but next, or the T-Wolves are taking back salary in the deal as well.. which wouldn't really make a ton of sense to begin with.

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buzz from Mohegan Sun event over the weekend where <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Twolves&amp;src=hash">#Twolves</a> GM Milt Newton was: D-Will trade is close. Utah, Sac. NYK, Nets possible.</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/405067868791767040">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

A weekly Derrick Williams trade thread. :p

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

TWolve & Knicks- Only trade that works would be DWill/Barrea for Bargnani. Not really sure why this helps either team, but both players might be better fits with the other team. D-Will can get more opportunities with the Knicks, but man do they look small if they make this trade. Barrea helps the Knicks quite a bit.

TWolves & Sacramento- Chuck Hayes (reunited with Adelman) for DWill works. You could also add Freddette in if you are willing to throw in another player from the Wolves as well. If Chuck goes back to Minny... watch out for that Corner offense.... wheww...

TWolves & Utah - DWill & Barrea for Biedrins & first rounder- Utah might want to look at both Kanter & Favors both playing alongside a more mobile traditional PF. The twin towers concept in Utah might not be working out here as much as people expected, and their minutes might need to be staggered.

TWolves & Nets- DWill for Jason Terry & Reggie Evans. Saves the Nets a tad bit of cash, and gets them a little more athletic in the front court. You'd probably want to see him pair with KG more than Lopez, but can space a little bit when paired with Lopez to help him get space in paint. For Minny, both players fit well with what they want to do. Terry moves well without the ball, and can come off picks for easy jump shots. Evans gives them some nice muscle behind Pek & Love. Of all the potential trades, this one might make the most sense for both teams. Brooklyn gets a little more young and athletic while the Wolves get two vet players that help their bench out alot.

1 person likes this.
  10. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

My guess is Chuck Hayes!

11. awc713

awc713 Member

Derrick Williams should not be referred to as "DWill", especially when talking about Nets trading possibilities.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah RA loves his ex players, chuck is a good guess...but I'm not sure Chuck would be happy about it, since he's from Cali.

13. afk

afk Member

The suspense is killing me!

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant think of teams that need Williams less than the Jazz and Kings. You'd think the Spurs might take a look.

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Spurs would never want a player with such atrocious BBIQ and bad motor too.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Imagine getting traded to Minnesota at the beginning of winter.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is a good player in the wrong system. He is 22, and a hard worker. I don't think a team can go wrong If they scooped him up right now.

18. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Meh Jazz are just trying to find some potential pieces are they tank for Wiggins. If Derrick Williams turns out good, that's great, if not they lose nothing trying.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Undersized pf? Stay away Murray!!

20. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I really think Rick Adelman brings the best out of his players and if he can't get Derrick Williams going, then I have no hope for other coaches...