1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dermatologists?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bcast89, Feb 29, 2012.

1. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Just wanted to know if there were any dermatologists here who would be able to help a fellow clutchfan out. Kinda need to see one badly. If not, is there one you guys could recommend to me?

2. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Dr. Stephen Tucker in the Woodlands is quite good. He's a bit goofy personally, and the office is littered with over the top Christian stuff. But he's seen my members of my family for over 15 years, and I'd still see him if I lived in the Houston area. I've had eczema my whole life and learned more about it from him in one visit than I had in 20+ years seeing other dermatologists. My dad has been dealing with skin lesions, topical cancers, and other skin stuff and thinks the guy is top rate as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stephen Laborde near the galleria

I've never had anything major done other than removing a suspicious looking freckle for a biopsy, but his credentials are impressive.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My landlord is a dermatologist and she recommended me several once. I also know a guy who you can see within 48hrs which is rare. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig up the info and PM it to you.

1 person likes this.
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Not to hijack the thread, but are there any real reputable sites with legitimate reviews from patients? for dermatologists or doctors in general? I am looking for one as well (specifically in NYC) but from my experience doctors are very hit or miss regarding their abilities.

I am hesitant to trust some of the reviews I see on yelp or citisearch as I am not sure how credible the reviews. No one knows whether they were posted by their office staff.

Basically, how do you find the BEST doctors in each speciality in your particular area? Are there forums or message boards for stuffl ike this? I don't know where to start.. Thanks.

#5 krnxsnoopy, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

8. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I recommend Dr. Prapand Apisarnthanarax. He's a private doctor in the Webster/Clear Lake area who was formerly division chief of derm at UTMB galveston. I believe he works part time and his son Joe runs the practice day to day now.

http://www.clearlakederm.com/index.php

1 person likes this.
  9. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Thanks for the replies! Rep for all.

10. bcast89

bcast89 Member

How does PM'ing through the board work?