1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Denver throwing a game away to Portland on purpose in hope of Houston falling to #4 seed!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I would rather play the Clippers in the first round, than get the 2 seed. I think Oklahoma and San Antonio'could be a real challenge for the Rockets. With the Clippers we have the mental advantage with recent playoff history as well.

apollo33 and saleem like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

no way because portland will win out and they own the tiebreaker

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Look guys, Houston/Harden and Co ,don't give a ****, the only team Houston needs to Focus on is the God Damn GSWs. That's it!!!! Denver can do whatever the **** they want to, the championship is GSWs vs Houston. And I'm betting on Houston, I'm a Homer but **** the GSWs and Denver is certainly a regular season team (sorry Denver).

I do not want to thank "Who wants to sex Mutombo” (aka Dikembe Mutombo, for you young guys) for beating the number 1 seed Sonics with the 8th seed Nuggets, and will also be forgetting the 1996 " we believe" Rockets. In fact let's forget the 97 playoffs too...

Anyway no disrespect, but Denver has to know, and so does the nba, it's houston vs GS. That's it. Also, the Eastern Conference should merge with the real NBA.

#43 CCity Zero, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yes way. In that case it’s a 3 way tie and Rox will still seed higher

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

*** em all.

5 on 8

Let's Go!

Hakeemtheking and CCity Zero like this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh also if I'm wrong, Houston didn't choke, it's them against 5 ****ing Allstars, so the media can go **** themselves

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hahah, damn it I forgot the refs, 5 Allstars + the refs, I seriously still believe Houston can do this. And again if I'm wrong, **** it, I love Houston

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. SemisolidSnake

Sorry, Denver, whether we take the 2nd seed or the 4th seed, it's just one round of difference between when we beat you if you make it that far. Think the Warriors will stop us on their side of the bracket if we get the 4th seed? Not this year.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

LOL love the fire. Eff GSW, when the Curry and KD divorce happens next year people will realize neither of them are better than Harden because neither can do **** without teaming up with the other. Enjoy those 2 asterisked rings.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

what is the order exactly in a 3 way tie ?

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Cool, hopefully they rest them vs. Utah too and give us the #2 seed, I'm down.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly, ****'em, you replace Harden with either of those guys and the NBA is even more broken, and I'm from Houston and went to UT (so obviously I'm biased), don't get me wrong (non houston fans, so not you
    :) ) but Harden wants the challenge. I really hope he can do it, and if he can't.. Well at least he isn't a beta.

Sure Durant/Curry is special,, but he can't replicate what Harden is doing. They can't carry a team like this,

#52 CCity Zero, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Hakeemtheking, Tfor3 and windpuppy like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Blah, I meant... Thank Mutombo. .. .damn Sonics were the reason Hakeem didn't get to play Jordan in the Finals, And Jordan knows ... He put Hakeem on his all time 5. Hakeem was an alpha (like Jordan), and so is Harden

BigShasta likes this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We need to avoid OKC

15. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I hope the nugget's bench suddenly catch fire and beat the blazers. Those guys are fighting for playoff minutes. How funny would that be lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Huh? You wrote the words well enough but I don’t get what you’re saying.

But let me start by saying this: if we win out and Denver loses two games, I believe we are the two seed. So if Denver wants to win the 2 seed, this is a bad strategy to lose one on purpose because a second loss is around the corner.

Maybe reply to this one. I might have cleared up my point here? Not sure.

pauebtg, BamBam and CCity Zero like this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The two seed means everything. The Rockets limped into the playoffs last year trying to rest with 65 wins and could have broken the record if not for a slow start and a 5 game losing streak. It was an abysmal failure of rest that had to be aborted and took midway through the Warriors series for the team to kick in fully. That team fought every night, every possession, for every win. This team remembers that they were the 14th seed this season and after a season of injuries and turmoil to fight back to the 2 seed and be right where the Warriors don't want them will energize this team even more. What lost season? This mindset that it is alright to just give up things is what leads down the wrong road. Nothing is promised and you should fight for everything. The Rockets are at their best when they have to fight. They will sleepwalk through the Suns tomorrow. What does it hurt for them to push the Thunder down so they have to play the Warriors? There is no reward in life for losing. We know we are getting by our 1st round opponent. Denver has already told you they are scared to death of us. It's time to drop the damn hammer on every one. We took enough games off all season.

hakeem94, Hakeemtheking and jcf like this.
  18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

so is there any scenario we get the 3 seed ? of does it have to be 2 or 4 ?

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol sure there is. if denver's plan to get the rockets to the 4th seed works, then there is reward for losing this game on purpose to the blazers.

the spurs tanked and got tim duncan, and 5 rings because of it.

i believe in the rockets, i just think its unfortunate we have to win out. and you guys may think its inconsequential, but it also pisses me off we did not sign House sooner. he would have helped us win at least one more game, then we would not be in any danger of falling to 4th.

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Yes, if we win out and Denver wins their last 2 games, we're 3rd.