1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver Announcer Rips Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You rang?

Houstunna and Snow Villiers like this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Pretty sure the Rockets don't need Harden to guard Westbrook.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He wouldn't say that if Harden was a Nugget. Why let it bother you what other fans and announcers say? Some are biased towards their teams and "Golden Boys of the NBA" they love promoting. Some hate how Harden draws fouls by hooking arms of defenders behind the arc. I would, if he wasn't on our team. I couldn't stand Kobe Bryant and his shirt chewing and don't like Curry and his mouthpiece dangling, and hate how barely touching them drew fouls, but many love them. I'm so used to all the years of Barkley bashing our Rockets nothing bothers me anymore, because I know they are just men getting paid to shoot off their opinions.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

whats worrisome is that each night there is a homer broadcaster that says harden shouldn't be mvp, and these are the guys voting.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You could probably make a case for better players in the league for every MVP. David Robinson's MVP comes to mind. Or Steph Curry's.

Why worrisome? If Harden doesn't win the MVP we get to go on knowing that the media are a bunch of subjective goof-balls and tomorrow will be just another day.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't care about what other announcers think, they don't watch Rockets

I hate people that b**** about the media, it just gets so old and tiring. I don't feel bad one way or another as long as the team wins.

The Hunted likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yep! I re-watch the games with the other teams broadcast to get a sense of how they perceive Harden. Some of them hate him. To a shocking degree too.

Of course EVERY BROADCAST will mention that Harden does not want to defend, but last night, one of the broadcasters, wasn't even worried about Harden's well-being. When Harden went down hard, face first after trying to get a block on Plumlee's shot, the guy said that Harden sold it. Then even after seeing the replay, and watching harden bounce off the court, he said, "Either get this guy up or call a timeout. Time to shoot these free throws."

These are the voters, folks..

BarkleyHater84, Deuce, CDrex and 4 others like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...welp. That's pretty much all you need to know right there.

Well...that, and Westbrook plays so hard!

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Perception matters for Legacy when it comes to sports

Look how dirty they are doing TO because the media hates him. They are treating him like trash. TO might have contributed to that perception ,but Harden has done nothing wrong to be hated this much.. to this extent.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Come on, you know you gotta be knockin' on the back door...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're wrong. He had a viral video about mistakes on defense. Burn him at the stake.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I cringe at some of those three pointer fouls, I can't lie. If it was some other guy on another team doing that I would hate him, regardless of what the rule book allows...

napalm06 likes this.
  13. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Rockets should dominate tomorrow and win by 40 points just to shut them up. Harden should post a 30 point triple double while sitting the 4th quarter.

Pen15clubber and HTownTmac1 like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I find this odd as well.

Even more so because on the whole all of the national tv guys are solid. Some better than others, but I'll take a national tv guy over a local guy 100 times out of 100. They'll make he occasional cringeworthy comment too but much rarer.

That said I still choose away feed broadcast most nights. Principally because that way get a different announcer every time

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel the same way.....LOL. It amazes me he gets the ones where he was obviously drawing his arm under their arm. Even worse is when his arms go flying up and he wasn't even shooting at the foul. He sells it, it works, and it gives us points so I am glad he is on our team. It doesn't come that easy in the playoffs though. Watch how it changes on him getting those calls.

T for 3 and napalm06 like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't feel that way at all. Harden knows the rules.

If you, a Rockets fan, feels this way, imagine what other people think of Harden.

They all think Harden's game is too exploitative. Harden will NEVER be universally loved all because he has little athleticism and has to play smarter than everyone else. When your best God-given skill is stopping fast, you have to do other things. Tricking people is one of those things.

Deuce, Dopamine and kubli9 like this.
  17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

In denial. Harden draws fouls but will destroy Isiah thomas.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wow...and we think guys like Skip are bad lol

19. HookemHorns1250

Interesting for the announcer to say Harden "sold it" when you could literally hear him hit the floor. Also considering Barton on a similar play went down holding his knee for two minutes, only to get up and run down the court like nothing happened.

I will say this, I will be extremely frustrated if they all of the sudden stop calling the three point fouls in the playoffs, which sadly I see happening. I don't see why it should happen though, players can get mad all they want but it IS a foul.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, Scott Hastings is one of the worst commentators in the league, I had to listen to the Nuggets broadcast a few years ago and was shocked at how little people mention him as one of the worst.

Lawlruschang and don grahamleone like this.