1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denny's choking/strangulation case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by asianballa23, Jun 7, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

huh? wat?they want this moved to florida?

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I've only been to Denny's once...don't envision myself ever being back there for a 2nd time

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Whypipo Whypipoing
    White Privilege wins again

Rocket River

edwardc likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Turns out the guy picked the wrong time to get drunk, piss in public, then attack someone for saying something about it.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

We weren't on the jury, so we don't know all the facts of the case. But, yes the guy that got choked to death made some bad choices. The tough guy that killed him also appears to have made some bad choices. Police deal with drunk people all the time. They have had the training needed for situations like this. Let the professionals handle it.

edwardc likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They are police. The victim isn't a sympathetic figure unfortunately. His wife should have gotten him home

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The professionals weren't there and the guy got attacked by the drunk pisser. It's unfortunate that the attempt to restrain the attacking drunk pisser led to his death but it wasn't intentional.

The lesson here is to not get drunk and attack people.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

The lesson here is also to call the police when seeing something you don't like instead of getting involved in a confrontation. The fact that the killer went to trial and that a jury was unable to find him not guilty proves I'm correct. Who wants the hassle of all this if it can be avoided? Just call the cops and avoid the confrontation.

edwardc likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Are you saying the victim should have called the police. If so i guess i never thought about that at least his wife should have. The victim was too drunk

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They did call the police, they didn't arrive in time. A better lesson is to make sure to not get attacked by a minority of any kind because you might get charged with a crime if you defend yourself. If the person isn't a minority or if you are a minority with a higher victim status then it'll be no big deal.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

At the very least it's manslaughter. I can't believe this guy gets to walk free.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be manslaughter if he weren't attacked by the now deceased. When the drunk pisser attacked him it created a solid self defense case which would shield him from conviction most likely.

Again, the lesson here is don't attack people.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's not getting off just yet. They are gonna retry this.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fine. I don't expect a different result though. You'll have some wanting to lynch the guy, some wanting to abide by the law. It would be hard to get a jury to decide one way or the other

pgabriel likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

New Jury. New decision. They had all the options on the table for this. They could have even found him not guilty and they didn't.

mistrials happen ask Bill Cosby.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This isn't over. Not by a long shot.

My guess is that the jury could not agree on the charge, but they all think he's guilty.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What I was saying is that i want expectinga different result even with a new jury because some will want to lynch the guy and some will want to abide by the law

19. REEKO_HTOWN

This jury was conflicted and couldn't make up their mind on anything. They couldn't even say he was innocent.

I do enjoy Terry and Chauna's finances being drained by lawyers.

They'll go back to court, bleeding money while their reputations ruined for life for putting a guy in a choke hold and not letting go.

I bet you he wouldn't do it again. Seems like he met the wrong guy. Hernandez is dead but Terry is living in hell.