1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denny's choking/strangulation case

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by asianballa23, Jun 7, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh lookie what we have here. Terry Thompson has a violent past including drug and alcohol abuse and his wife didn't help.

http://www.khou.com/mb/news/local/c...d-problems-controlling-anger-temper/448548022

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I guess I have to ask again. Is the claim that the dead individual attacked first from an objective source or from the defendant?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty interesting and it's good to see someone actually doing some homework on this aside from me. That said, I'm not sure how relevant it's gonna be given that we're talking about a scenario where both the accused and the wife of the deceased agree that the deceased attacked first and the guy was defending himself. If there was an allegation that he attacked the deceased it might be something. Also, I haven't heard any accusations that either of those accused of murder were drinking or doing drugs.

4. fchowd0311

Any link confirming your statement that the wife of the deceased stated that Hernandez initiated the altercation?

5. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The appropriate penalty, in your opinion, is death? I will never understand the lack of empathy people have around death. The guy got piss drunk and made a mistake. Yes, he may have had to register as a sex offender. Yes, what he did was wrong. He didn't deserve to die. We should construct a society where we deter reckless intervention from bystanders. Convicting this guy will help that.

edwardc likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The intention wasn't death, and I'm pretty sure any reasonable person realizes that. The guy got piss drunk and made a mistake, then doubled down with yet another mistake and a result of his mistakes was his accidental death. That's not anyone else's fault. Is it tragic, for his family, sure....but that doesn't mean that anyone else should be falsely convicted of a crime they did not commit. It's so weird that people like you will in one breath talk about empathy and then in the next breath advocate a lynch mob mentality.

I think it's more important to deter reckless actions such as getting drunk in public, whipping your dick out, and then attacking strangers. Crazy talk, I know.

7. fchowd0311

I've pissed outdoors drunk in college bars also. I've seen many other kids do it also. I'm sure the jackass who murdered Hernandez probably pissed in public once in his life also. Anyone who thinks the appropriate response is physical confrontation is a man who has nothing going for himself besides trying to find every high horse he can slither his way into.

I think Bobby sees himself in the idiot and hence is trying to justify it. That man who who choke holding is exactly what I percieve of Bobby in real life.

edwardc likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

How do you know these facts?

I can as easily make my own conjecture.
    Hernandez was peeing outside probably facing away in a closed of location such as an ally. The murderer saw Hernandez in corner of his eye probably not in direct view where his children and wife could see any penis and since murderer has a high horse syndrome thought it was his duty to go up to h and physically confront him. Hernandez retaliated and sober high horse r****d eventually got him on the ground and choke held him to death.

My conjecture is every bit as conjecture as yours.

edwardc likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Murder doesn't have a pre-meditated clause in Texas: Title 5 Section 19.02(b)

A person commits an offense if he:

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;

(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or

(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.

(1) can be easily proven knowing that the wife was a trained LEO who knows that lengthy choke hold would deprive oxygen to the brain and can kill a human. She knew this. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy committing the choke hold also knew this.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I did homework. I just had a lousy assignment. I found there were absolutely no stories showing that HE called the police. Still wondering why you wrote He instead of She. You apparently neglected to do your homework when you posted who called the police.

But, back to the topic on hand. Why would Thompson have confronted the guy in the first place? He was no physical threat to anyone. Here are the choices

Ignore it
    Call the police which HE didn't do
    Inform Denny's management and let them handle what is happening at their restaurant
    Confront the guy, provoke an altercation, apparently have a punch thrown, then choke the guy into submission, lay on him and continue choking him until he died despite the please and concerns of onlookers

edwardc likes this.
  11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

sounds like you're defending the accused....?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So in your mind, him saying something justifies the crimes of indecent exposure, public urination, and assault? Well that's one way of looking at it I guess.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, based on what we know they aren't guilty of the crimes they've been charged with. So in that way, yeah I'm defending them. There's absolutley not basis for a murder charge, if it was manslaughter then that would be different. You can at least make a case for manslaughter.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Wow, that's really interesting and pretty scary. Even if Hernandez was the one to take the first swing, he may have feared for his life because Thompson was coming at him in such an aggressive and crazy manner. So, it sounds like Thompson could possibly have a past of being a psycho drug addicted MMA guy with anger management problems. Wow.

edwardc likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's from internet comment posts and the defendants lawyer only.

He's literally using internet comments as justifications.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I assume you are talking about me.....and it doesn't surprise me that you'd have this kind of ignorant opinion, but if you look back at what I've posted, you'd see that I've recently posted sources in order to do your homework for you.....so there's really no excuse in your ignorance at this point. I have to assume it's willful.

17. fchowd0311

Can you relink them with an explicit quote that states your claims?

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The judge Kelli Johnson assigned to this case sentenced this innocent fireman for defending himself to 40 years in prison.

2 things are going to happen. Judge gives the Thompson's life sentences or she really is a racist and gives them a slap on the wrist. My guess is a slap on the wrist

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[extreme sarcasm] Gee, who would have guessed....... [/extreme sarcasm]

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

edwardc likes this.