1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump's denunciation of Franklin must have tickled your fancy.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Was reading some of bigtexxx's denunciations of Franken. What a hypocrite.

3. NewRoxFan

Just as an aside... I wonder what having to answer questions like this does to one's own sense of integrity? Notice her differentiation was that Franken admitted doing something while Trump didn't. Ignoring the tape of Trump, note she didn't say Trump did not sexually harass any of the women accusing him, but rather he didn't admit to doing it.

No Worries likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This is the liberals' new knee-jerk response to any criticism: TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

No thinking required, just lazily TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

5. TheresTheDagger

Waiting for the obligatory BENGHAZI!!!! response.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Not really sure, who is ignoring 'the tape'...Then candidate Trump explained his actions to the American people. His comments are clearly something some men have verbally stated in various settings among other men. That being said, not all men do...but in the company of other men, some dudes feel more free to make certain comments.This is where any similarities between President Trump and Franken end.

Franken, used the guise of a 'skit' to practice a kiss with someone he was clearly infatuated with...and after being forceably told no...did it anyway. Thats sexual assault. Then after the actual kiss happened, he went on to grope the same individual when she was sleeping. Stop parroting what the media keeps telling you and think for yourself.

The left has now made the excuse to justify this situation...b/c Trump said so, why cant Franken DO so...its because one is sexual assault and the other is just talk. And if Franken is guilty for a vile physical act, Trump is for his words...

Astrodome likes this.
  7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Jesus Christ.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That has not happened. People on the left have called for Franken's resignation, they have welcomed a congressional investigation of the incident as Franken himself has done.

You may wish that people on the left were trying to make excuses for what Franken has done, but that just isn't the case. Trump's Access Hollywood tape is only one in a long line of accusations against Trump. Trump himself settled a case in which he was sued for Sexual harassment, has had almost two dozen people accuse him of sexual harassment, in addition to admitting to sexual assault on the Access Hollywood tape.

Yet in your post, you have made excuses for Trump.

jo mama likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

"and the other is just talk"

Hmmm. We can either take him at his word, in which case he committed a more egregious act of sexual violation than what Franken allegedly did to this women. Or, we can decide he was just boasting and it wasn't real, in which case he evidently thought there was nothing seriously wrong with such behavior -- which, frankly, isn't really any better practically speaking.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I see everyone got their Rush Limbaugh talking points this morning.

Its funny how everyone follows suit after Rush's show every day. It doesn't matter what you and I really say. If Rush says I said something entirely different (like in this case that we are defending Franken which we are not) its what people like Texx will say we are saying. The truth means jack S#$% anymore so why do we even try.

When you engage in moral conversations with people who have none but will attack your morals non-stop the moment you open yourself up with honesty, you will never get anywhere. Someone as morally bankrupt as Texx, RL, etc. (if there are even real people behind the keyboards) isn't worth our time debating about things as sensitive as sexual assault.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... those on the right that have turned a blind eye & made excuses for pedophilia, and sexual assault on their end for the past few months don't deserve to be part of the conversation. They have no moral high ground left to stand on.

Rocket River and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's just a prop to scoreboard LIBERAL HYPOCRISY! when this issue goes beyond politics or players in their teams.

"Locker room" talk is apt for the fantasy leagues they're playing inside the D&D.

12. NewRoxFan

Actually, if you look throughout this thread, all of the "left" have criticized Franken. All agree with Franken himself on the need for an Ethics Committee investigation. And many believe he should step down. Franken took responsibility, apologized and as I said, called for the investigation.

Now lets contrast that with Moore and Trump? Both denied responsibility. Both blamed the women they victimized. Both quickly deflected to Franken's case. Pretty stark contrast.

And while many on the right here criticized Moore. None criticized Trump. And few have called for Moore to step down. None have called on Trump to step down. Again, pretty stark contrast.

Heck, look at how you defend Trump above... "just normal talk that men do." No, sorry, none of the men I hang around talk about sexually assaulting women. And at least 16 women have come forward (as Ms. Tweedon was both brave and right to do) to speak out against the person that they allege assaulted them and demand justice. Again... stark contrast between how those on the left and those on the right are responding.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She doesn't want to be president, so she's one of the Good Ones.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

A quick google search pulled up this quote of yours...Please do explain the second post and HOW you werent 'thinking of possibilities...'

Googleing and searching my own post history, I am sure there have been plenty of un-civil comments I have made...We all have. Doesnt imply that we are jacka$$es and unfit for important responsibilities in life. I am also willing to bet you have never directly disrespected a woman you were attracted to OR decided to force your self on and sexually assault her.

Regarding Moore, if allegations are proven to be accurate, I would love for the guy to be castrated.
    Regarding Trump, I have never been ok with what he has said on the recordings. He was destroyed by the media and I personally thought it would have a major negative impact on his election. It didnt, bc people believe that HE has the best interest of the country at heart. Its why he won...people were willing to give him a chance. Also like to point out that none of these 'allegations' were ever mentioned until he decided to run for an elected office.

Regarding Franken, he acknowledged his actions that were caught on camera(pic taken by his brother)...and provided an apology. Infact, Leeann stated she didnt want to see him resign. It was a mistake, and perhaps he has learned from it. He even encouraged an independent investigation of his actions. I just find it hypocritical when he cast the first stone, without acknowledge his own issues...until it came to light.

Regarding Weinstein, he has a pattern of degenerate behavior that indicates that he doesnt give a crap about anyone...There are people just like him...These are the folks I want identify and remove from power.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes. You do realize you’re not allowed to feel up strippers unless they let you, right? You’re getting into shady territory here bc you sound like some forms of harrassment are acceptable given the environment. If so, what the hell is the matter with you??

16. dandorotik

BTW, in the movie Apocalypse Now, the Playboy dancers in that scene are there for show. As soon as the guys start getting grabby, Bill Graham pulls them from the stage and puts them in the helicopter, implying that what the soldiers were doing wasn’t right. The question is, did YOU watch Apocalypse Now??

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't know what's going on in that picture and you don't either.

I mean there's another person there. What do they have to say.

I don't think Franken is stupid enough to sexually assault someone on camera

18. NewRoxFan

Wow... if that is the most you could find of me talking about attractive women? And comparing that with the following:

[​IMG]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d26847eeed4_story.html?utm_term=.acb7b67884f7

Now again, read that aloud... and tell us of all the time you and your friends had that conversation. I know I have never had that conversation, and haven't heard the men I have been around say anything like the above.

Again, there are at least 16 women who have accused Trump of sexual harassment or assault. And just like Ms Tweedon and the women that have accused Moore, they they should be heard and their accusations investigated.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I’m not a Franken fan. That being said, he issued an apology and Tweeden accepted his apology. So far, no other women have come forward. Why is this an ongoing issue? The one person he impacted has seemingly forgiven him.

pgabriel and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. dandorotik

You have issues, man.