1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY DEBATES

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Mar 28, 2019.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

How come none of the candidates talked about the crisis at the border they all claimed didnt exist a few months ago? You would think literal concentration camps on our border would constitute like 30 minutes of discussion at least. I heard zero solutions proposed.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That might just be her style? For her, I think it's not worth the bullets at this early stage and within this crowd.

Rashmon likes this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

I really dont understand Warren's appeal and popularity. She looks like that high school teacher no one would listen to in class.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You’re probably right. I think she’ll punch up when on stage with Biden in particular.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Chuck Todd advances out of group play?

Astrodome, jcf and Nook like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

thanks breh now I don't have to watch Fox & Friends tomorrow

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think and understand that she would have zero appeal to anyone who judges presidential candidates on the basis of a resemblance to high school teachers.

The fact that such shallow level of criticism is all that her detractors have to level at her and her detailed proposals is probably what appeals to her supporters.

8. jcf

jcf Member

The guy on the very right was acting like he was the nominee. Seemed smart and had some pretty good things to say (to the extent he was allowed to say them) but he certainly wasn't acting like he wanted to appeal to the more progressive part of the party and then move to a more centrist position.

He is laying out a moderate position and no one will remember him.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't need to see most of these folks again. Just move Warren on and call it a day.

That whole immigration back and forth was repulsive to me. Castro basically playing his only card, pandering to a Miami audience in Spanish, beating Beto to the punch. Trying to de-criminalize illegal immigration? GTFO Might as well put a light rail from Mexico into Texas to shuttle all the illegals in.

Nook, B-Bob and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Beto is done.

Castro gained the most, but isn't a real consideration for the nominee.

Warren did well enough to maintain her status.

Really hoping they cut the field down to 5 in the very near future (Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, & Buttigieg)

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

I dont disagree. Im simply pointing out why she has no chance at being the nominee since most people probably think the same.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Interesting. I did not get to watch the debate so I guess Beto did bad? Everyone was so high on him when he ran against Cruz last year. He had a lot of support across the country.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

By the time he launched his campaign, a lot of the fire behind him had gone out.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but watching him not answer the question about 70% tax, even after the moderator asked him again was real rough. He got undressed by Julian Castro on immigration (and I think I'm more closely aligned with Beto here).

Beto tries too hard to not directly turn anybody off. Its good to be open minded, but at some point you have to actually articulate plans and take stances.

cml750 likes this.
  14. VanityHalfBlack

Biggest disappointment: Tulsi
    Everything else was super cringe.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is the future of our country under Democratic leadership: it's a microagression to suggest people contribute to open-source software projects (because they are dangerous).

No thanks.

16. VanityHalfBlack

She did nothing, looking like a librarian on 3rd shift.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

For all the complaining Democrats do about how "Donald Trump is dividing our country", why did they feel having candidates speak in Spanish would be a good idea? Nothing like trying to divide the country by language.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

She's 38 with a B+/A- political resume but probably C level stage talent. She probably needs at least a few more years to hone that skill.

B-Bob and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. VanityHalfBlack

I agree, I was pulling for her the most.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What does that even mean?