1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Democratic Leaders don’t Care About Illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Jun 20, 2018.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You don't even get that saying someone never knows what they're talking about is an insult?

Seriously?

Yes, it is. Trump went to a policy where asylum seekers are charged with illegal entry rather than being put into the process of assessing their asylum claim.

Including those seeking asylum.

LOL, Obama's policy wasn't "letting damn near everyone go" except in the minds of people in the RWNJ echo chamber.

Officials aren't even evaluating whether they qualify for asylum, they are charging everyone, that is the whole effing point.

As usual, you toss out the insult which more accurately describes you.

The projection is strong with this one.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And they aren't an issue. None of this BS was ever about legitimate asylum seekers.

Now sure, the increased number of fraudulent asylum requests is taxing the system, but it's not something currently that is a major problem. Also, it would be fairly easy to fix, just add a bit more staff and process the rejections more quickly. As of 2009 at least 70% of asylum requests were viewed as obviously fraudulent, that number is almost certainly higher today with the influx of "asylum seekers" from central and south America that are here effectively just saying "our country sucks, yours is awesome, let me in". You can expedite the clearly BS applications and cut the 6 month average processing time down significantly.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not when it's nothing more than an accurate depiction of reality that is backed by observation.

Sorry kid, but that's just not true, and you saying it is true doesn't change the facts. Now there are people who decided to illegally enter the US and upon being caught claimed to be asylum seekers....but those aren't true asylum seekers.

It's similar to not liking a line at a bank so you break into the vault to get money and then when you get caught you claim you were just there to withdraw some cash out of your account. It doesn't work like that.

Again, yeah, it really was. I keep suggesting that you educate yourself and you continually refuse to do so. It's getting tiresome.

No, they are charging everyone who broke the law, none of which are legitimate asylum seekers.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A lot can change from 2009-2018, is that number still accurate?

It isn't even the point though. Even if 10% were legit...they'd still be at the border, wall or not, and the wall would not stop people overstaying visas.

Left and Right can't have a discussion on more efficient ways to spend that money?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's likely drastically higher now that there are something like 5 to 8 times more asylum requests today every month than there were in 2009. Asylum seekers aren't the problem. You deal with them and either let them in if they are legit or send them packing if they aren't.

Also, just because a border wall wouldn't prevent people from overstaying their visas, it would drastically reduce those simply walking into the country....and that's not a bad thing.

Personally I think if you put up a legit border wall along with an e-verify type program that would go after ANY business caught hiring illegals with massive fines and you'd have the illegal immigration problem all but fixed. If they truly struggled to find work here, and couldn't just hop a fence, there would be no incentive to go through the hassle.

cml750 likes this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

I am note sure if you are naive are just misinformed but you need to get your facts straight. Families who came to points of entry requesting asylum were not separated. The only families that were separated were the ones who were caught entering the country illegally and only claiming asylum once they were caught. If a person has already entered the country illegally and are caught it then becomes a criminal illegal entry case. Hint: if you are already here illegally you are breaking the law.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  7. bongman

bongman Member

Hmmmm. Even people on your party doubt your claims - https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/17/children-separated-border-flake-collins-650779. Keep believing the lies.

FranchiseBlade and SF3isBack!! like this.
  8. bongman

bongman Member

Here's another quote for ya.....

"In case Secretary Nielsen forgot, she’s currently a defendant in our class action lawsuit, where we represent families who entered at ports of entry to seek asylum and had their children taken away.

Ms. L, a Congolese mother who sought asylum at a port of entry, had her seven-year-old daughter taken away from her for four months. Immigration authorities made no meaningful attempt to verify their relationship during that time, only doing so after we filed our lawsuit.

Mirian G, a mother from Honduras, came to the U.S. with her young son on Feb. 20, 2018. She presented herself to immigration authorities and sought asylum, committing no crime. During her interview, Mirian provided immigration officers with several identification documents for her child which listed her as his mother. The next morning, Border Patrol agents took away her 18-month-old son with no explanation. She did not see him again for two months"

I can dig up some more or you can keep believing the propaganda.

SF3isBack!! and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. bongman

bongman Member

For those who keep harping... "they broke the law"

Is "innocent until proven guilty" only convenient thing nowadays? Nielsen has said it herself " we will enforce every law we have on the books". She is just an executioner, nowhere in here job description says that, they can JUDGE people and execute a sentence.

Everybody has the RIGHT to a fair trial regardless of the alleged crime. Its in the constitution, just in case it was conveniently forgotten once again. Due process is required before anybody can claim that somebody BROKE the law.

So who is really breaking the law according to the founding fathers?

SF3isBack!! and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Does that mean that people don't go to jail when they are suspected of breaking the law? Oh wait, it doesn't, you still get detained during the process so you really didn't have a point at all did you?

Also, you can claim that someone broke the law at any point....just wanted to make that clear in case you didn't realize it.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing about @Bobbythegreat is that he will keep posting the same thing even after he's been shown to be wrong time and time again on a subject.

SF3isBack!!, edwardc and CometsWin like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Feel free to show me wrong if you think you can. Just saying that someone has done so in the past isn't that convincing....especially when it never happened.

Good luck.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's already been done, and anybody that actually cares can go back and look it up. But it's pretty damn boring so I doubt anyone has any real interest in that.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's what I thought, you just wanted to talk **** despite knowing you couldn't back it up. Something that happens all too often down here.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It was backed up before, and you keep going on about it. I've made my point. Just because you didn't get it, doesn't mean I have to make it again. You can go back and read the discussions just like anyone else can.

edwardc likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It really wasn't, I know you are arguing that you are lazy, but we all know it's that you are full of ****. It's honestly no big deal, don't bother digging the hole deeper, just pat yourself on the back like you did something and walk away before you make yourself look worse.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

reading your posts in a cheech voice puts them in perfect context.

bongman likes this.
  18. GladiatoRowdy

Well, other than the fact that nearly everything you said was a bold-faced lie.

19. GladiatoRowdy

Most people who are accused of misdemeanors aren't detained indefinitely until trial, a percentage that skyrockets when the accused is the provider for children.

Except that people in similar circumstances haven't been similarly detained over the last decade and a half, doing so started when Trump's administration caused it to happen.

#79 GladiatoRowdy, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  20. GladiatoRowdy

Even denying that you're tossing out insults when that's exactly what you did.

Tipjar bet that I'm older than you, boy?

Says the guy who does nothing but spout bullsh!t day after day.

I do love it when you opine on legal matters when you don't have the legal mind that God gave a turnip.

I know you were attempting an analogy, but what it ended up being was a straw man. What a surprise.

I'm not the one who needs and education, chief.

In your opinion. I realize you just swallow every turd that the Trump train shovels in your mouth, but it simply isn't true.