1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rokman, Oct 8, 2016.

?

DeMarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis

1. DeMarcus Cousins

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Anthony Davis

62 vote(s)
    83.8%
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He is immature. His body language, his behavior towards the refs, his tendency to rack up technicals, his locker room tantrums; it's just not the behavior of a grown-up. Coach K chose him because he's really good at basketball. That's also why the Kings put up with his bulls**t.

What success are you referring to, exactly?

Nah. They'd call it a distraction. I think he actually benefits from the lack of coverage his crappy team gets. If the Kings were any good, he'd be getting skewered much more regularly by the national media.

His antics are way over the top. Boogie's part of the dysfunction in Sacramento.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Demarcus is much closer to KG then Dwight though, which makes me happy. Give me a crazy dude before a soft one any day of the week.

#22 RudyTBag, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  3. dharocks

Oh absolutely. But one of the reasons KG could get away with acting the way he did was because he held himself to the same standards that he held everybody else to. I'm not sure I've seen that from Boogie, yet.

4. hakeemthagreat

When AD loses in athleticism, he'll be pretty much useless. Cousins has actual post moves and fundamentals that'll give him more longevity. AD is fools gold as far as long term.

Cousins>>>>>>Any bigman currently playing

#24 hakeemthagreat, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Anthony Davis is still only 23. I'd probably even consider trading Harden for Davis if health wasn't an issue to be honest.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This might not matter so much in terms of fit for the Rockets, but this makes a difference to me when peoples start ranking Anthony Davis as one of the best players in the league.

Anthony Davis was assisted on 73% of his 2 pt shots made last year. How can you build around a guy who can't create his own shot? Can't draw a double team.

Cousins was only assisted on 55% of his 2 pt shots made last year.

Harden was only assisted on 18% of his 2 pt shots made last year.

Anthony Davis may still be better than Cousins. Don't really know. But an MVP contender has to be able to create his own shot and carry his team.

7. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Anthony Davis's career as long as he is playing in NO will be equal to Shareff Abdur-Rahim

Demarcus Cousin's attitude and game is more old school like a cross between KG and Maurice Lucas.

At this point in there careers AD would be a better fit with Harden.

8. BackdoorHarden

Why is this even a question?

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cousins is now extinct, he's a like a really good horse rider when everyone else are using ford cars. AD isn't just all about athleticism, if you watched the Pellys game he showed a lot of nice face up moves along with really nice jumpers. He does need a guy to set him up but that didn't prevent Amare from becoming one of the best players in the league at one point, and unlike Amare AD is great on defense and rebounding.

Cousins ability to score in the post is good for him, but it will slow down the entire team offense and make it harder for everyone else to score since the defenders will be packing the paint to defend Cousins. Since Cousins himself isn't a great defender, you will need to find a stretch PF who is also amazing on defense to complement him...nowadays the only big men like that whom I can think of are Porzingis and Draymond Green. Most other stretch PFs are bad at defense or you have guys who are ok at defense but also score in the post.

10. valorita

valorita Member

Health is #1 factor when talent is similar.

Cousins.

Although AD with Harden would be rival Curry/KD

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we don't have Harden, I go with Cousins. Build around him, don't expect him to mesh with a star who's already there. However, you simply can't stop him on the floor even with a shitty coach that makes him iso non stop.

If we do have Harden, I go with Davis. Would be a better chemistry fit, likely to adapt to being the second option, the type of guy who will add to his game giving him great longevity.

Vivi likes this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Don't you like draymond green? Even though they have more or less identical personality issues?

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

TBH they both fit really well in MDA offense as the center roll man.

I lean towards Davis because he gives you nene and Capela all wrapped up in one guy plus he's just better from a talent standpoint than cousins.

Cousins would be really good in MDA system also because he's just a really skilled big. I just question if he would fully embrace the pick n roll offense, I know Davis would.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Davis and it's not even close.

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Question really should be a 60 game per season Davis Vs 80 game Cousins.
    If that's the question, then give me Cousins.
    Davis regardless is the superior player in today's game no question. But you can't have your franchise player constantly missing games.

16. dharocks

Check Boogie's games played the last three years.

17. dharocks

Like him? I've said Green is worth a max contract. That's pretty much it. Please point to a post where I've said that I would take him over Anthony Davis.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Without undercutting that Cousins is a tremendous talent and that I'd kill to have him here...

Davis by far. He's a monster on both ends of the court, his shot is "wetter" and he has his head screwed on correctly. Better pair with Harden, better for our system, coaching staff and chemistry.

But he isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I'll stop drooling now.

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

AD is miles better in offense, and not too far off on offense.

Having say that, I take Cousins. AD is a PF, not a center. And its much easier to get a pretty good PF than a decent center.

oakdogg likes this.
  20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I was saying that it's silly to not like cousins because of personality issues, but then totally ignore them to like green.