1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins: Do Not Want

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J-Tang, Jan 6, 2011.

1. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

watching the Kings and Nuggets game on TNT, first time seeing Cousins play.

All he does is complain and whine. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but now actually seeing him, I don't think he is mature enough. This is also in response to people who feel that the Rockets should take the risk on him.

2. Mr. Space City

i still want him.

he just needs veteran leadership and a coach who isn't going to put up with his bull****.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Guy is a rookie and very immature but incredibly talented. He is a 20-10 center waiting to happen and those don't go on trees. I'd trade anyone on the Rox for a chance to have our coaches and veterans mold this guy.

4. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

No doubt he can play. He can REALLY play. But your right on the part about him whining, he just doesnt seem to "get it". He is very young and with the right coaching, he should be a star.

5. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

But Westphal doesn't put up with it though. He's been benched, he's been fined.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The guy is very talented; I would still want him on the rockets. With that said, watching him complain about EVERYTHING is annoying. I hate playing pick up games against guys with his attitude; a 10-15 minute game turns into an hour because you can't call something without there being some dispute.

7. OkayAyeReloaded

Yeah the guy is pretty immature. But he's still very young.

Even if he still stays that way, Rasheed Wallace and Dennis Rodman were some of the all time great whiners.

I think like other posters have said above, the right veterans and coach can do a lot (Like with Artest. Cousins hasn't even punched a fan yet)

8. Mr. Space City

the college game is more physical than the nba and demarcus seems to be going through the growing pains on trying to adjust.

he got by in college by bullying people on the offensive and defensive end but in the nba they call fouls for that.

he needs to learn how to adjust to the style of nba. to me it seems like he does not respect westphal. to make matters even worse the kings are the 4th youngest team n the nba so he has no veteran leadership also help him (hakeem would be a great mentor if we could get him to houston :grin:). people forget the kid is only 20 :eek:

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What?!?!? Watching this guy play is a real treat. That was just something else how he ran the floor and threw a nice dime across the court for a assist. This guy can pass! This guy can score in the paint. This guy can rebound.

If he stay fit he's going to be a great Center for a long time to come!

10. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Still want , & every team needs a thug. The Rockets are an excellent organization to groom rookie type players.

11. OkayAyeReloaded

Sacramento is beating the hell out of Denver, up by 20 in the 4th :eek:

12. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Ridiculous. Talent is talent. If he were on our squad, we would be in position to be a much better team. Cousins can whine all he wants. I want to win. Period.

The kid is very immature but has expressed his desire to learn from mistakes and grow up. Who am I kidding? He's going to be an All Star.

13. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Does he whine as much as Brad Miller?

1 person likes this.
  14. Shaud

Shaud Member

If whining means you don't want a player then I guess you don't want Kobe,LeBron,Wade, etc.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you still think he's not mature enough? well he's freakin' 20 years old. the guy has talent (A TON of it). and he's showing some signs of putting it together the last few weeks.

he has all-star potential (that's more than what we have on our team). and he's a big man

16. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I can't stand this look he has permanently plastered on his face:

[​IMG]

That said...WANT!!! The guy shows tons of promise and flashes of brilliance. We'll never have him, but we'd be very lucky to.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

No knuckleheads.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

You're right, we already have our knucklehead... Brad Miller, an immobile 34-year-old center with a trip-wire temper and 3 failed drugs tests throughout his NBA career.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He isn't getting traded.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

yo he is only 20 years old, Chill.