1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DELUSIONAL] The case for bringing Carmelo Anthony back to Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a month early for April Fools

https://nypost.com/2020/03/01/the-case-for-bringing-carmelo-anthony-back-to-knicks/

excerpt:

When he was traded to the Thunder in 2017, there were no bridges burned. Time and too many defeats had taken their toll. The Knicks needed a change — and so did Anthony.

It would be different this time. The Knicks wouldn’t be asking Anthony to be their savior again. He’d be more of a sage. Anthony will turn 36 in May, but judging by his current tenure with the Trail Blazers, he still has plenty to offer an NBA team. He is averaging 15.5 points a game, well off his career average of 23.7, but still enough to contribute on a consistent basis.
    more at the link

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Leon Rose, Knicks Expected To Have Interest In Signing Carmelo Anthony This Offseason

Leon Rose is expected to have interest in signing Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks this offseason, league executives told Marc Berman of the New York Post.

Rose could officially be unveiled as the Knicks president as soon as Monday,

Rose has been Anthony's agent since 2009, and helped orchestrate the deal to get Anthony from the Nuggets to the Knicks.

“It’s hard to say because I don’t know what that situation is going to be. The easiest thing to say is, ‘His agent is there, he’s coming back.’ Until I sit down and see the whole plan, I don’t know. Me and him, we talk multiple times a week. That’s not something we even discuss. I still think it’s still a shock for everybody. When the offseason comes … I got to be careful now because it’s tampering," Anthony told Newsday last week.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Anything is a upgrade to the Portland contract Carmelo and money melo currently signed.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Knicks really are just a hopeless organization.

Sajan, King1 and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He’d be a bad fit with Durant.

no, wait. Brooklyn got Durant, not the Knicks. I keep forgetting that.
    So yeah, can’t hurt.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. HardLin

HardLin Member

If the Knicks are committed to tanking next year too, then sure, why not?