1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deja Vu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hball, Feb 17, 2010.

?

Is tracy truly done or is Adelman running T-mac out of houston like tim hardaway?

1. T-macs truly done

119 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Adelmans running him off like Tim Hardaway

231 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. Hball

Hball Member

Adelmans coaching record shows that he has a certain penchant for choosing favorites, sometimes at the expense of other high profile players. So despite Adelman's reputation as a "player's coach," history shows us that he has had his run-ins with NBA stars.

Pre-injury, Tim Hardaway had averaged 19 and 9 assist. During the preseason he said he would ease Hardaway back into the lineup (sound familiar?). Later he told reporters he wanted Hardaway to be more of a "scoring punch" coming off the bench. However, it seems that he ultimately believed that Armstrong was a better player than Hardaway. He used these pr tactics to appease the local media and fans base at the time, thereby justifying the unpopular decision of benching not only Hardaway but also Dream Teamer Chris Mullin for one of his former players Jerome Kersey.

In the end, the Warriors traded an "injury prone" Tim Hardaway with Chris Gatling for Bimbo Coles and a 34 year old Kevin Willis to the Miami Heat. Under Coach Pat Riley, the same "injury prone" Tim Hardaway immediately became the starter, was either an All-NBA first or second team member for the following 3 years, and led the Miami Heat to the playoffs for the following 6 seasons. Meanwhile Adelman was relieved of his duties after his second year at Golden State with a record of 66-98

Adelman made the wrong assessment of one player, so one must now wonder about his assessment of McGrady. Some might support Adelman by arguing that McGrady is too old. The fact is that countless of NBA superstars are older: Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter (McGrady's cousin and two years his senior), and Kenyon Martin (who is not only 2 years older but has had the same micro fracture surgery). All of these players are key contributors on contending teams.

Adelman has portrayed McGrady as a player that can no longer play the game at an All Star level:

"He was a great player"

The question that Houston Rockets and McGrady fans should ask is: is Tracy McGrady truly done or is Rick Adelman running him out of Houston as he once pushed Tim Hardaway out of Golden State?

2 people like this.
  2. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

i think youre missing the point. Tmacs style is not conducive to a motion offense. it has little to do with whether or not Tmac can rise to elite status again.

plus. paybacks a B*tch

1 person likes this.
  3. Hball

Hball Member

How are we getting payback downgrading?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He just doesn't fit.

If he was old T-mac we'd have to Make him fit.

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Then what exactly fits?

6. Nero

Nero Member

Dude. Chill.

Les Alexander made TMac the highest-paid player in the LEAGUE and then he took the money and QUIT last year, and this year is making 23 mil for doing NOTHING. There is no way on this Earth that Alexander would allow McGrady to play for the Rox for real again. And if he could have figured out a way to trade TMac to the Clipps or the Nets and still make the team better, he would have done it.

Just my $.02

7. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

Ok guy 1st:we need some one to have the balls to take the last shot without turning the ball over.
    2nd:we need some one to score and create there own shot.
    3rd:We all know that tmac lacks defense but yu still also have the battriza combo.
    4th:If we make this trade to new York we are just screwing ourselves that's y we need to keep him and RA should stop acting like a kid n play him so Houston won't have an embarrising blowout like they had against Miami.

8. Hball

Hball Member

That's the problem, it's not making the team better I can understand being mad at the way he played in that game but not at the expense of hurting the team.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Deja Vu is reading anything posted by Hball. You are a broken record, sir.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

QFT.

T-Mac is a whining, sissy piece of garbage. Yes: I guarantee he will play well when he moves on to his next team. He might even be an all-star and return to "elite" status in the eyes of the league for a short time. But he played great in Orlando too... then he quit on Orlando. He played great for us, then he quit on us.

Seeing a pattern here, perhaps? Like maybe he'll... let me think... play great for his next team, and then quit on them too?

Nooooooo. Couldn't be.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I gotta admit, I really don't care about any of that. I just want the best players on the floor giving us wins. If it's truly personal then they are making a mistake. This should not be personal, it should be business, the business of getting us wins. If they are doing this out of spite then the organization is screwing us as fans from a better product on the floor.

All I gotta say is, they better be right that he is no longer an effective player. Otherwise, sort of bringing Lebron/Bosh/Wade or the like into town I don't see what's the point of giving away what we need the most when Yao comes back (that's an elite scoring wing). That's the organization doing epic failing at their job and losing my personal respect as a fan.

Sooo, I'll be keeping an eye out for T-Mac over the next few years. If he returns to anywhere near effectiveness I would have to say I lose major respect for Adelman. He is a great coach but he can't go out on the floor and play, it is still a player's league. If he can't manage egos properly then he is not doing his job and neither is Morey for supporting him in personal feuds.

Otherwise, if you want to see a system team with no superstars, get ready for liking this 28-25 type of records every year.

1 person likes this.
  12. Yak

Yak Member

Lol @ calling Kenyon Martin and Vince Carter "superstars."

Your best example of aging superstars was Kobe Bryant.

The other two could be considered detrimental to their team's success at this point (KMart a bit less).

13. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

In the words from the movie Scareface: "You **** with me... You **** with the best..." :cool:

14. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

If any trade we should trade for Amare we need size he has we need someone to score he scores 2 thumbs up for me

15. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

What's with the the lacking yet needed 3rd choice? T-mac ran himself out of Houston.....

16. Hball

Hball Member

I just don't want to see the same thing happen to the Rockets, losing a talented player because of the coach's personal issue's.

Some people won't admit because of their ignorance towards T-mac, but were taking a step back with these proposed deals all because of Adelman.

17. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

It's not the Coach's personal issue, T-mac has the issues. Happy to see him gone don't like quitters nor professional athlete babies, T-mac is both.

18. blink

blink Contributing Member

this whole "tmac doesnt fit" crap is nonsense. he fit with the 22 win streak team, which is sorta the same team we have now. plus, adelman was brought in because of his offensive versatility. so how about he adjusts to what he has.....but he wont, not because he cant or that tmac doesnt fit, it's because the rockets organization would rather collect insurance on him or trade him because he's more of an 'asset' than a player (which isnt technically bad but doesnt help us win in this situation)

1 person likes this.
  19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

It was pretty obvious we were better off without him last season, and it is definitely the case this season.

The offense comes to a standstill when the ball gets into TMacs hands. He really ****ed this team (rumor has it there was an offer for Vince Carter on the table) last year when he opted for surgery.

Good riddance to the sonuvabitch.

20. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

but just to the guy's defense, how much of that 23 mil is the Rockets actually paying him. I think 6 mil? don't remember the exact number but thats close enough :)
    not saying that i'm a Mac follower/lover here just stating facts :p