1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

December + and -

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Dec 29, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Some positive (+) signs and some troubling (-) signs:
    - In December, we have given up 111.8 points per game which would be most in the league. This is especially bad considering we are still 5th in the league in opponents point per game at 97.3. That means we were giving up only 87.04 prior!!
    - Blocks down to 4.5
    - Assists still very low
    - TOs even worse than before, up to 16.9 per game, trailing only Bucks and 76ers!

+ We are still top 5 in opponent FG% and 3p%
    + Upped our own PPG from 96.4 to 105.7
    + Upped our rebounding in December to 47.3 per game and 3rd in the league
    + Upped our FG% from .419 to .432 (3p% and FT% actually around the same)

2. try

try Member

No. We have given up 103.6 points per game.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Damn, didn't know I could find those somewhere, did my own calculations. My bad...still that's pretty bad.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets are +10.9 points per 100 possessions with Dwight on court and -4.7 points with Dwight off the court in December. The Dwight on court number is about the same as in November. The off court number dropped by about 2 points which is reasonable considering Black played a ton of minutes against starters. Really difficult to judge the December numbers too much overall with the injuries.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The defensive regression has been very disappointing.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought you were going talk about the +/- stats in December.