1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Death. Taxes. The Sun Rising and Setting...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Dec 2, 1999.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

My point?

Well, these are all things that we can pretty much expect from life.

But since we only have a few things in this life that are set in stone, I would like to add these 10 things that you can set your Rockewatch by. They might help you in life. Then again, they are basketball related so I don't know how much they matter to each one of you. Anyway...drumroll please...:

1) The Rockets building 15 point leads and blowing them down the stretch.

2) In reference to the above, once Drew makes an appearance when the Rockets are up by 15, turn off your TV, come back in about half an hour, and you can just about bank on a brand new ball game. For those of you who hate blow outs because they are boring, this one is a sure fire way to get a new ballgame about 3 times a night.

3) The Rockets missing clutch free-throws to put away games.

4) Barkley chucking up a three pointer at the absolute best time in a game.(Sarcasm)

5) Walt Williams letting his man go to the hole as if he was standing in quick-drying cement.

6) No more than 5 plays per week ran for Shandon Anderson, who is busting his ass on defense and doesn't get the ball on offense. I give him 1 more year and he will ask to be traded.

7) Rudy T bad substitutions. (Before you go r****ded on me, this is not to say he is a bad coach. Its to say that he has a weird way of keeping out key players during key stretches. Maybe he has a method to his madness.)

8) Rudy T saying at least 35 curse words for every 2 non-curse words.

9) At least 3 questionable calls going against the Rockets. This is also known as the "Big Market Theory".

10) Everyone will relate to this one. Is it just me or just when I think that this team is about to kick major ass, is about to take no prisoners, is about make us all think "Hey, could this team really run off a 30 game winning streak?" or you start thinking championship aspirations, 70 game winning seasons, etc., etc., we get an injury to a key player/players that brings us all crashing back down to earth? Happened last night to Francis. This has happened in 1996(Chuck injury) and 1997(Olajuwons knees and in the playoffs, Barkleys tricep). Last year wasn't long enough to curse us. But this year will be. Trust me.

There you go. You can just about set your watch to these laws of nature almost every game.

Might as well get use to it.

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

[This message has been edited by Almu (edited December 02, 1999).]

2. treeman

treeman Member

Wow. Man. Yer Evil.

Yer also right... (naughty naughty)...

#8 is right on the mark.

#9 also.

# 1-7 are... Camping options.

#10 is a lifestyle option.

I still believe that we can do better than that...

[This message has been edited by Administrator (edited December 02, 1999).]

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Almu.
    I believe you had what alcoholics call "a moment of clarity". Does your head hurt today? That post was bad ass!

------------------
    The truth is out there... but I forget where...

4. treeman

treeman Member

I prefer "Okey-Dokey"...methinks it's more appropriate...

These are kinda Okie ideas...

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"2) In reference to the above, once Drew makes an appearance when the Rockets are up by 15, turn off your TV, come back in about half an hour, and you can just about bank on a brand new ball game. For those of you who hate blow outs because they are boring, this one is a sure fire way to get a new ballgame about 3 times a night."

When did this happen last night? Seeing as we're 4-12, we haven't been blowing anyone out, so I doubt this has happened at all the entire year.

"6) No more than 5 plays per week ran for Shandon Anderson, who is busting his ass on defense and doesn't get the ball on offense. I give him 1 more year and he will ask to be traded."

So when it happens to Anderson, it's because no plays are run for him, but when it happens to Pippen, it's his own fault? How does that work?

"7) Rudy T bad substitutions. (Before you go r****ded on me, this is not to say he is a bad coach. Its to say that he has a weird way of keeping out key players during key stretches. Maybe he has a method to his madness.)"

Why would a good coach make 'bad' substitutions? How could there possibly be a method to that madness?

"9) At least 3 questionable calls going against the Rockets. This is also known as the 'Big Market Theory'.

10) Everyone will relate to this one. Is it just me or just when I think that this team is about to kick major ass, is about to take no prisoners, is about make us all think 'Hey, could this team really run off a 30 game winning streak?' or you start thinking championship aspirations, 70 game winning seasons, etc., etc., we get an injury to a key player/players that brings us all crashing back down to earth? Happened last night to Francis. This has happened in 1996(Chuck injury) and 1997(Olajuwons knees and in the playoffs, Barkleys tricep). Last year wasn't long enough to curse us. But this year will be. Trust me."

So which is it, injuries or the officials?

6. treeman

treeman Member

I hope yer talking to Almu...

7. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Leave it to The Freak to make a humorous post into nuclear science.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

The difference between scottie and shandon is that scottie did have quite a few 5 for 17 type games.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

9. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Chill out Freak ! it's a nice post ... If u did not see the humor in it then u are taking life too serious.. chill bud .. just chill ! [​IMG]

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sorry, didn't get the humor. You seemed serious. Plus I was in a bad mood.