1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Jeremy Lin,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 1, 2012.

1. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Who cares if they have Lin's name in their username. Other posters have old Rocket players name as their username.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Here we go again.... Statements like this is what caused the split when Yao was here....

3. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

People need adjust expectations to be based off SALARY, not hype.

If he averages Linsanity numbers he would be playing at a level ABOVE Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Russ Westbrook, but paid 1/2 the salary. Let's be realistic folks.

If he gets 14p/6a/3r with 1-2 steals this year I'd consider it a good showing. Add in the marketing/media bonus and he'd be a steal.

4. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He was attacking the basket a lot so I'm not sure about not taking initiative and plus he is adjusting to playing with a new player. The problem is he's not finishing as well as he's done in the past, either because he might have been hacked by a defender (hard to see) and not getting calls or just not making adjustment to the defense. I mean I don't want him to keep looking for his scoring, just occasionally and use variety in those looks.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

6. nono

nono Member

It's not all on Lin. McHale is not a good coach. Our offense looks very stagnant with people just standing on the 3 point line. We do not run enough pick and roll plays. We do not set enough screens.

7. BBAL

BBAL Member

I think the sudden fouling had a lot to do with it as well as him not getting any calls.

A lot of Jeremy's points with the Knicks, and not just during Linsanity, was him drawing fouls and shooting free throws. He only shot 2 last night. He averaged 5.2 attempts with the Knicks and he should have easily had that last night too.

8. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Yeah, seems like he's getting less and less calls. Don't know what it is. Hard to see from the TV if he's getting hit or not.

9. thisiscaketown

Most likely has to do with Lin not being as "big" a name with the Rockets as he was with the Knicks, in addition to the new focus by the NBA to tighten up on flopping and thus, foul calls.

10. Dei

Dei Member

He wasn't effective and settled towards just passing. That's the point. He's not at the same level as Linsanity.

11. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

only to certain posters

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I'm guessing you were a YOF who is now a LOF. No objective fan could be this idiotic

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I am rooting for Jlin to mesh and step up to HARDIN to create something.
    Jeremy Lin is no slouch, he will adjust improve and prevail.

Looking forward to the next game.
    Good to be critical but stay positive and hungry also!

Go Rockets !

14. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

What is up with the people on this forum, and your incessant need to categorize people? I am not here to help Lin's cause, I am here for links and information about Lin AND the Rockets. There was a lot of Lin bashing and LOFs bashing, so I started posting (plus I'm out of work due to a cold, so I got plenty of time). It's funny how it's acceptable to bash Lin fans and Lin, but once people stick up for LOFs or Lin, they are "annoying." Trust me, the "tinman" type fans are much more annoying then any LOFs, from what I've seen. At least the LOFs don't make bigoted statments. Yes, tinman did, but then he qualified it by saying something stupid, like he goes to a Chinese restaurant every other month, so it's OK for him to say racist things. I came here to talk bball and discuss Lin's developement. What I discovered, are a bunch of Lin haters on the Lin threads.

Jeremy Lin will be fine, LOFs or LOHs will not have any impact on how he performs on the court, or how his life unfolds off the court. Get some perspective man, this is the internet.

1 person likes this.
  15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Do you just post to flame threads and insult people with name calling? Grow up. Try doing that in front of our face.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Rofl this is too good. I'm going to start making Lin only fan memes.

tl;dr cliffs:

-Lin will play like he did once Houston learns to love him and appreciate him as both a player/person.
    -reception for JLin by Houston has been colder than freezing
    -Houston no care for Lin, only Hard-on!
    -Lin is a player of GOD. Not a chauvinist!
    -Houston is lucky to have Lin, when we don't even know how to appreciate him
    <br>
    Oh and btw, I know this from growing up. Lin wasn't Mr. Basketball in California that year. It was actually another guy who the Rockets had:
    [​IMG]

17. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

100% agree. Lawson just got $12 mil per year, and DeRozan got $11 mil a year. Lin is being paid an average salary, for a starting NBA PG. Not elite, not MVP, average. These comparisons to people making twice as much as him is getting ridiculous.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I'll take Lawson over Lin everyday and two sundays. Derozan is not a PG.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yet, you took time to post a reply. The irony..

20. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Lawson is making 33% more than Lin. You probably would choose Lowry over Lawson, so your opinion is moot. I do like Lawson though. He's been groomed extremely well by George Carl, and I think he is on the brink of having a break out season.