1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deandre Jordan Very Interested in playing for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Maybe one year deal coz he will get his numbers and all stats up with Cp3 and Harden.
    And if we get lebron which I don’t know how,lol it would be for sure a championship unless you know refs step in again and dictate the outcome. But even with refs I don’t think the warriors would stand a chance with lebron and dj in our team.

But that’s just a possibility not saying we will get him. But if we lose Capela, Dj would be a great addition even more if he is ok with a pay cut this year.

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Not really dj has better footwork when he plays motivated. Last year is a wash since his team wasn’t playing well.
    Maybe you’ll bring up the clips from last year but without team defense and help no big guy stands a chance even if they have great footwork. The clippers play no defense specially when they were getting blowout. Th only team they play ok against were the rockets.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

You’re acting like capela developing a midrange shot is unrealistic. He has a smooth jumper. Just needs to work on it. Marc Gasol learned to hit threes 10 years into his career. Capela shooting at a Luis Scola-esque range of just 14-18 feet would help so much. So many times in the Jazz series, we had capela dribbling the ball at the top of the key, with Gobert backing off to essentially the middle of the paint. If capela could just shoot those, we would’ve had plenty less wasted possessions.

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Don’t remember seeing anything like this happen to Capela in the WCF. o_Oo_Oo_O

Deuce, heypartner, YOLO and 7 others like this.
  5. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

It’s a no-brainer when you simplify:

Capela at $25mil or DJ with the MLE (if over Luxury Tax apron= $6ish million, @BimaThug?) Obviously, DJ would need to be willing.

For a team that is lining up to go after another max contract player, you take the DJ option all day.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Gotta say, even though I like Capela better, if you could trade Capela and attach Ryno, get back DJ, I wouldn’t mind the move if it frees us up and sets us up better for a run at LBJ or PG13.

Rashmon and PhilCollins like this.
  7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The only thing the rockets should be doing is making moves to match up with the warriors and Capela was completely neutralized vs them. The best lineup had Tucker playing center. Deandre can give you what Capela gave in the regular season against most teams, then like Capela you don't play him vs the warriors, but you use the money you saved to go get a player you can play against the warriors.

8. aroundtheblock2

Only one situation I would want DeAndre, and thats at the vet minimum. I want nothing to do with his $24.5 million deal and Capela is a more versatile defender. I'm honestly sick of this DeAndre news at this point, its just not practical.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Can we have both?

AroundTheWorld and donkeypunch like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Clippers wanted Capela at the Feb deadline for DJ. Anderson plus Capela would have gotten him. Now the situation is entirely different since Capela is a RFA. DJ for Capela will still work, but Anderson can't be moved.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. noppeper

noppeper Member

Really? I don't remember reading or hearing anything about the Clippers interest in . a trade for Capela. That would have been very enticing to the Rockets, albeit disrupting what eventually was a historic regular season, so I can understand balking at the offer. Do you have a link?

napalm06 likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I could see him coming here under a buyout but agree that a trade doesn't work because of special reasons and we can't sign him now. I don't see him in the Clips future plans but they may treat him like they did Blake as an asset. I just don't see the market out there for him outside of the Bucks and they balked at the deal the whole season like the Cavs. In the Cavs case that was even trying to offload Tristan.

noppeper likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

noppeper likes this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We could absorb the Portions fiasco because we had time and we replaced him with a superior player at half the cost. We cannot do that this time. Asset/capwise we cannot lose Capela for nothing. That is a homegrown all-star that we have to get a return on and cannot easily replace. DJ will not play for the MLE, he is making $24M this season. He wants to slot into Capela's new salary slot but it doesn't work. He might get bought out and sign here for vet min but to resign him we would have competition and no Bird rights. Keeping with the $5.5 taxpayer MLE just wouldn't be enough if someone else is offering $10-15M multiyear. S&T Capela kills us because Clint can refuse it and only half his new salary counts in trade.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

But this is not even close to the option. DJ at $25M vs Rockets offering $5M. That's DOA. He wants to be Capela making $15-$20M or more on a 4 year deal with us. There is no way for us to make that work with our other goals.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL @ "breaking"

Six months ago, sure

Gorki, Deuce, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It Doesn't free us up nor set us up for a run at LBJ. In fact , it makes it all but impossible to get LBJ.

You Must use Ryno's $20m contract to absorb LBJ (or any other upgrade). In your scenario you are throwing away both Capela as an asset and bringing back DJ who makes over $24m next season meaning you have NO salary left to match LBJ with.

Also , being an RFA , Capela would have to agree to any S&T destination ….You think he wants to go to the Clippers ?! .

Ryno's Contract makes LBJ possible. The fact that you have to attach an asset to it to make that happen isn't the worst problem to have. Not having that contract …. that's the worst problem to have.

18. Asian Sensation

How is DJ on the decline? I mean I guess everyone declines at some point in their career but DJ certainly didn’t show any signs of it this past year and he probably won’t for another few seasons.

DJ is coming off another good season where he showed he was still able to produce at a high level even without an elite PG feeding him.

You reverse Capela and DJ’s position this past season and highly doubt Capela would’ve blossomed and put up the numbers he did as efficiently as he did. Capela was/is truly blessed to to have not 1 but 2 elite playmakers find him easy buckets.

DJ playing in D’Antonis system/pace with CP3/Harden feeding him those same easy looks
    Would’ve translated to at least +3 PPG and +1.5 RPG for his season averages (conservative figures imo). In addition he would’ve been more efficient from the field as well.

I like Capela but he’s not on DJ’s level (yet) and he may never reach DJ’s best especially in a crap situation like PHX, Dallas, Sac or Lac as examples.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  19. MyLateRegistration

DJ better.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  20. MyLateRegistration

Happened 5 times a game vs curry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.