1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan Coming Per Nick Wright

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shinjirod, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

Are you saying Brewer is coming home?

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Dude, I know Jordan is/was the goat, but on the greatest Rockets board in the world, you are supposed to say Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon!

RHU525, CCity Zero, IvanLCPM and 3 others like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kinda like our whole team did against New Orleans?

Sajan and bmelo like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he didn't trade for harden on draft day but when harden had already years of experience in the nba and everyone saw how he was pivotal to okc's finals run. so trading for harden <> as drafting <12 in the 1st round

how can Morey draft Jordan if he can't even draft Kawhi

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Still top 10 or 15 in just about every major defensive metric. Not to mention, nearly the best rebounder in the league. Something we’re atrocious at sans Capela.

I might be alone on an island here, but I’d argue acquiring a defensive big to help us survive this stretch without Capela is more important than finding a 3&D forward.

6. Possum

Possum Member

Is this a serious question?

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, Yao was also the last #1 pick we had. I'll bet Morey could pick a future All-Star if we had the #1 pick in this summer's draft. lol.

Morey's "problem" is that he's so good at what he does that we just can't seem to get those top-10 draft picks anymore, so finding All-Stars through the draft will continue to be difficult.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden is the goat and it doesnt matter if this is a rockets board or not

9. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

Like @riko said in the last post, don't just base your opinion on the percentages. If it came down to it, I would trust Gordon and CP3 more to take a 3 point shot than PJ. Despite having a horrible season, Gordon has bailed us out several times in clutch situations with his long 3s. You also fail to mention that most of Tucker's 3s are widely uncontested corner 3s. The corner 3s are much easier to make than anywhere else on the perimeter due to the fact that it's closer to the basket. If CP3 and Gordon got the same type of shots as PJ, I can promise you their 3 point % would be much higher than what they are now.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harenstien might b viable, heard he was popping off in the g league. If he can contribute I rather we look for 3 and d wings. (Matthews) We have currently 4 centers (Faried, injured capela, nene and harenstien) I dont think we need another one if hartenstein can legit contribute.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Hartenstein looks good for next year, not sure he can pitch in this year during the playoffs and have an impact.

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Tucker caught a bit of Ryan Anderson disease in the last game as he killed at least a couple of Rockets possessions by passing up open shots that weren't in the corner.

mario elie likes this.
  14. mario elie

mario elie Member

Seems like both Tucker and Rivers have lost confidence in their shot.

Andy Sheets likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

did you even read the post I was responding to? he was saying Morey "selected" Harden with the 12th pick

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Folks....Potato head is back! :D

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Potato Rises

18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Riseeee

19. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ Member

If DJ wants to sign here he has to know that Capela is the starter. I just thought it would be interesting to have 48 mins of a rim-running, plus rebounding center.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

You, sir have been reported to theBBS police. You needed to spoil that thing.