1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deadwood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, May 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anyone else hooked on this show.

I love it, sure they curse a lot, but the drama is just so good.

DARN YOU HBO !!

DD

2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm 37 years old, and I've NEVER made a point of watching EVERY episode of ANY TV show in history....

.....until now.

I am officially hooked.

3. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

It's great. The best character, the evil bar owner, is a British actor, Ian McShane that I've liked for a long time, since he did a show called Lovejoy.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think Calamity Jane is the best character, but to each his own.

5. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

is it true that they feed the corpses of the dead to the pigs? then they eat the pigs? There is like one Asian guy on the show but i never see him.

by the way , the new w**** they got is preety nice. they sister of the kid that works for Swearengen.

6. Summer Song Giver

Those kids are running some kind of game though, they are gonna try to rob the Gem and the Belle, should be interesting. Awesome show with great characters.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Come on dude, that girl's like thirteen, and if you pay attention, Trixie is only like 15 or 16.

8. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I don't know how HBO does it. Sopranos, 6 Feet Under, and now this. They have become to Sunday night what NBC was to Thursday since the 80's.

9. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

The casting is terrific except for Bullock (Montana). He's just not convincing. Great character, poor casting.

Everyone else is perfect, though it's surprising to see a bloated Jeffrey Jones get such high profile work after those child pron charges.

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Oh wow.....I just totally disagree. To each his own, I guess.

I think Bullock is doing a great job. To me, he comes across as this hot tempered guy with a really strong moral backbone. It's like he's always ready to explode under the surface, but the fact that he knows right from wrong keeps him from doing so. I've been impressed with him. He kind of reminds me of what I would picture a young Captain Woodrow Call of Lonesome Dove would act like.

I'm like totally addicted to that damn show.

11. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

He seems way too forced to me.

Most genius piece of casting? Brad Dourif, AKA the voice of Chucky from the Child's Play movies, as Doc.

12. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

seriously???:confused:

13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I had no idea that he was the voice of Chucky. He always turns up in really random stuff but is always great.

14. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

this is a fantastic show, no doubt. i actually like bullock and think olyphant does a great job with that character. sunday nights on hbo are just ridiculously good . . .

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

McShane is awesome in this role. Odd how such a cussing, ruthless character be so d*mn funny 'say what you're gonna ****** say or prepare for eternal ****** silence'

The show is outstanding; last episode a little slow.

#15 Cohen, May 11, 2004
    Last edited: May 11, 2004
  16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Saw this for the first time last night...Loved it...

17. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Last week's was good, but pale in comparison to the two or three before it. They were by far the best episodes of the season and you should do what you havr to do to see them.

18. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

How true.

I think they have shown 3 repeat episodes back-to-back on a couple of Fridays, no?

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Pale?

The scene where Cy has Joanie put the girl out of her misery had more emtion than any other scene the show has produced.
    This was the girl Joanie so identified with that she was willing to help her escape from stealing her own jewlery; and she had to point blank put a bullet in her head.

That's cold blooded.

20. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

I thought that entire side story was poorly done. It concluded far too quickly, and is the kind of ploy writers usually won't resort to until several seasons into a run when things are getting stale. Maybe next week two characters can get locked in a broom closet and have flashbacks.