1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deadwood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Aug 9, 2006.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is this the season finale? what are your thoughts on what will happen? I think they are setting up for the town to be burnt. I was reading some history on the real town, and it seems it burned down several times. the one guy at the No10 saloon who wants to run for mayor on the idea of buying a fire wagon is setting up the last episode, imho.

edit: yeah I meant series, sorry.

#1 pgabriel, Aug 9, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

After this past week's episode, they did say there were 3 episodes left, so I assume the saeson finale will be on 08/27.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Not season finale, series finale. This is the last season. Sad. :(

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

They are going to do 2 additional, 2 hour movie specials at some unspecified future date.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

It's been a great season; definitely picked back up. Do wish that some of the characters weren't just wallowing around, though. E.g. I've always liked Hickocks old sidekick, but he doesn't do much.

6. Summer Song Giver

Deadwood is still very good but like a lot of the GREAT GREAT GREAT HBO shows, it starts off gang busters and loses a bit of steam. Sopranos is almost unwatchable anymore as you sit there waiting for something, anything to happen. Deadwood has become somewhat like that; to combat this HBO should go more in the direction of a series like Band of Brother's, North and South or Lonesome Dove; scripts that have a predetermined beginnig and end, it might help them avoid floundering around looking for their next bext storyline.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I gotta disagree with you there. I'm quite enjoying this season. In fact, I think is my favorite season.

8. Summer Song Giver

It hasn't been bad (haven't seen last week's episode yet) but I just get tired of the breaks in between seasons and the shows rarely come back as strong as when they left. The jury is still out on Rome if it ever does come back. Deadwood having a definite end might be a good thing. The Sopranos, I think, is just milking every last cent they can get at this point. It was great up until his mother died and then they never really latched onto another great storyline, the Tony Carmella divorce/seperation was only boring, nothing else. They should have taken Tony to trial at some point, now we'll get some who shot JR ending and that will be it.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

anyone have a link to this being the last season of Deadwood? I thought they were going to come back next year for a shortened six episode season. The acting they get on that show is just amazing. The guy that plays Hearst is freaking menacing, yet somehow in a subdued way.

I just can't wait for Alan Ball's new HBO show, True Blood.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he also played on a classic 80s detective show, "simon and simon"

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member