1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David West testing FA could be huge for Rockets! Chris Paul?l!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robroy77, Jun 27, 2011.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

this is true of EVERY EVERY EVERY superstar/foundational player we could possibly trade for.

this is why the whole, "we'll collect assets to trade for the foundational player" argument is fine...but is flawed if the assumption is that you're going to still have those pieces surrounding the foundational player when he gets here. you're still going to need to go find complimentary pieces to that kind of a player...and just because you like the group you have now, doesn't mean they'd mesh well with the foundational piece anyway (assuming you could pull a rabbit out of your hat, and not have to give a ton of them up for that kind of player)

2. blackistan

blackistan Member

too bad no one wants to play for us the only chance of us getting a superstar is to hope one of the players we drafted becomes one

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Trade for paul, wow ummmmmmm no! He has one leg now . Lowry can play in his ball park and make him work all game long, we need a star in the paint or on the wings! Point gaurds are important but I love a tandem at the position. Kenny and cassell, kidd and barrea, a full year of lowry and dragic....watch out !

1 person likes this.
  4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If that happens, Dwight will only have to worry about trying to catch D-Mo in practice rather than in real games... another selling point :p

$50 in the tipjar if our lineup includes Dwight and CP3 in 2012-2013 :)

5. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I can't imagine two players I'd least like to have on this team than Dwight Howard and Chris Paul, as far as personalities are concerned.

OK, nevermind. Lebron James and Dwayne Wade come to mind. Thank God Shaq retired this year because he was the worst.

6. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

ya should make a push for chris paul

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If the Rockets had to choose one of Deron Williams, CP3, or Dwight Howard, I would hope they choose Deron Williams.

I do not like CP3. He plays dirty. He is not CP3, he is the Nature Boy.

That said, I would still be happy if he was on the Rockets haha

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No need for West and Paul is injury prone.

9. sbyang

sbyang Member

That's why they will trade him to the biggest market and generate more revenue for the league overall.

10. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Oft-injured guy, no thanks.

11. dje243

dje243 Member

KYLE LOWRY: AFTER ALL STAR BREAK
    16.8 PPG
    7.3 APG
    9 RPG

If kyle lowry can sustain that production, or even close to that production then there's no reason to trade for paul. I may be highly criticized for saying this... but Chris Paul won't make this team a contender. Sure, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard would... but ultimately Dwight Howard alone would be enough to put us in the conversation. Kyle Lowry is our PG of the future and he should be. Not to mention his great contract.

1 person likes this.
  12. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

I agree.. Also the offense will have to change and will be more stagnant.....
    Dwight Howard and Chris Paul playing for the Rockets will never happen.

13. Chris Jent MVP

thats why you keep stockpiling until you have enough to make the trade viable.

the rockets are in a good position now where they can trade away half the team and still have enough firepower to compliment the incoming superstar.

1 person likes this.
  14. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Rather not downgrade our offense while gaining little on the defensive end.

Some might though, to each their own.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They like Jonny Flynn or Goran Dragic?

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Chris Paul is too old. Lowry hasn't reached his full potential!

17. rocketsmetalspd

Here we go again. CP3 if traded will want to be with Carmelo in NY. I hope he goes there. The Rockets need to give the core group that has been in H-Town a chance to play with true Centers in the lineup. I believe this team will be a whole lot better once we get the Centers.

18. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

No way NY is going to have enough cap room under the next CBA to sign CP3. There is even talk that Miami won't be able to keep the big 3 together, and will have to move Bosh in a couple of years to get under the hard cap.

Question for the capologists - if we can get CP3 for Lowry, Scola, CBud and picks, plus we don't resign any of the 4 2009 draft busts, will we have room to sign Howard? Assume a cap of $62 million and a max salary of $17 million. Assume also a resigned Hayes at $4 million per year.

19. Prince

Prince Member

another PF :(

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Awwww He77 Naw ..... Another PF and an injury riddled one at that who's looking for a payday.