David Stern does not want us to have 2 high draft picks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Johnson2000, Jan 21, 2012.

  1. Johnson2000

    Johnson2000 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2011
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    8
    This maybe the only time Stern helps us get in the playoffs( just to spite us out of a Top-10 draft pick in a deep draft). Its something i can picture him doing. Look at how he went and screwed us out of the Pau Gasol trade, i think he knew that we were gonna sign Nene, and possibly Hayes( that would make us number 1 in the West, and would throw a huge wrench in his plans to have maybe a Thunder/Heat, or Lakers/Bulls Final.)


    With the Knicks doing so poorly, i think he knows we have a slight shot to have 2 high draft picks in this years draft.( Meyers Leonard, Brad Beal, or Michael-Kidd Gilchrist) and get our star player through the draft as things currently stand


    Im not a huge conspiracy theorist, but i just think Stern is playing tricks with us. If you as a fan of the Rockets honestly want us to make the playoffs this year( instead of getting those picks in this draft, then you are delousinal at how good we really are)
     
    1 person likes this.
  2. AirBud#10

    AirBud#10 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2010
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    68
  3. sgl_carlos

    sgl_carlos Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2010
    Messages:
    592
    Likes Received:
    23
  4. King901

    King901 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1,487
    Likes Received:
    36
    I think he knew i had to crap earlier...
     
  5. jacoby

    jacoby Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2011
    Messages:
    2,475
    Likes Received:
    174
    So Stern is waving his magic wand over our franchise and magically making us a playoff contender, JUST so we can't get a lotto pick?

    Maybe he should do this more often.
     
  6. Johnson2000

    Johnson2000 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2011
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    8

    8th seed, good enough to make the playoffs and lose that pick, and bad enough to were we lose in the 1st round
     
  7. Johnson2000

    Johnson2000 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2011
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    8

    I guess its just a miracle that Rose ended up in Chicago or that Kobe threatned the NJ Nets to not draft him( or he would play pro-ball in Italy, thus forcing his way to the Lakers). The list goes on and on


    the Lottery system is flawed, but it works well for Stern because he can put these young stars in cities needing an economic boost. Look at how Blake Griffin went to Clipppers(when should have been a King or Timberwolve)


    The cavs recieveing 2 top 4 picks the year after LeBron leaves lol( come on if you dont think the draft is rigged or set in stone before hand, i cant help you)


    Stern knows this is a deel draft, with some potential all-star caliber players inside. This is one of the few drafts Stern can not control, usually their are maybe 2 or potentially great players in one draft( so Stern can set the Top 3 to the cities he wants). This draft has stars from 1-15, all it takes for us is too get lucky
     
  8. Clutch

    Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 1999
    Messages:
    19,495
    Likes Received:
    2,735
    What would you do if you were me... seriously?

    a) remove the guy's thread-starting ability.
    b) Just delete the thread.
    c) Let it ride and we all look like idiots.
     
  9. durvasa

    durvasa Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2006
    Messages:
    28,114
    Likes Received:
    1,212
    Let it ride and lets others mercilessly poke fun at how stupid this thread is.
     
  10. conundrum

    conundrum Rookie

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1,990
    Likes Received:
    64
    I say go with c!
     
  11. Amel

    Amel Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2006
    Messages:
    8,241
    Likes Received:
    422
    let the guy know not to post threads like this, close, and then delete...

    just deleting it would make him question and possibly have a repost...
     
  12. Johnson2000

    Johnson2000 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2011
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    8

    Why would you remove my thread-starting ablilty( that is just my opinion). I didnt threaten anyone or anybody. Just using my free-speech


    Just go ahead and delete the thread, it that makes you feel better
     
  13. Patience

    Patience Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2002
    Messages:
    4,020
    Likes Received:
    244
    Short of pulling a Tonya Harding on the star players on all the teams ahead of us, I don't really see any way that Stern can control who makes the playoffs.
     
  14. Johnson2000

    Johnson2000 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2011
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    8

    Im not a troll, i have a life


    You attack me for no reason
     
  15. King901

    King901 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1,487
    Likes Received:
    36
    I'd say A, but acording to him, Stern knows what you're going to do.
     
    1 person likes this.
  16. IzakDavid13

    IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2011
    Messages:
    9,914
    Likes Received:
    740
    Options a & b look like pretty reasonable actions to take...but everyone deserves a second chance....just saying.:)
     
  17. Plowman

    Plowman Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 1999
    Messages:
    6,277
    Likes Received:
    297
    "Burn him" :grin:
     
  18. Johnson2000

    Johnson2000 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2011
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    8

    but he can have a strong influence

    Kings vs. Lakers 2002 game 6
     
  19. TheRealist137

    TheRealist137 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2009
    Messages:
    21,579
    Likes Received:
    1,152
    You do realize that all teams have a chance to get the 1st pick right? And the worst team has a 75% chance of not getting it right? Imagine a shooter is shooting 25%, would you expect him to make the next shot? No. Even a 50% shooter misses HALF the time.

    This conspiracy rigged lottery is the dumbest argument ever. EVERY team has their rep present at the time of the lottery draw, and it is done by a third party. In order for Stern to rig this, he would have to not only pay the accounting firm that handles it but also pay off every team representative.
     
  20. TexAg713

    TexAg713 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    Messages:
    956
    Likes Received:
    73
    Do you really think that Stern nixed the Gasol trade JUST to screw the Rockets? Come on already, you can't be serious. The man is all about saving face and self preservation, so much so that it outweighs the better interests and credibility of the league. We ended up collateral damage of his misguided agenda. Wrong place at the wrong time. Is he an asshole for it? Do we have a right be angry about it? Yeah of course, but it is far fetched to believe that he was and currently is seeking to screw the Houston organization specifically.

    You sound like those moronic right wingers who automatically blame Obama for everything that goes wrong in this country when it is clear that only 93% is his fault.
     

Share This Page