1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Lee 30-20-10

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by moestavern19, Apr 3, 2010.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

37 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists.

First 30-20-10 triple double achieved in an NBA game since 1976.

BEAST MAN.

2. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Against the Warriors, but still...

Great googa mooga. :eek:

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gallinari added 29-8-8 for good measure and they still lost by double digits to the freakin Warriors.

4. Foif

Foif Member

I always love the stats that are achieved with the disclaimer "against the warriors".

They stand proud.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's weird. Watching David Lee, I just don't see "superstar". Yet he fills up the boxscore better than just about any player short of Lebron. He's my ultimate mystery man on whether he's a stat padder or true star player.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lee is a great hustle player, really does his damage quietly ala Kevin Martin. Handles the rock well, one thing he doesn't do well is defend, but he certainly crashes the boards with the best of them. Always around the ball and has a deceptively good mid-range game.

He's going to land somewhere and make some team a hell of a lot better.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

David Lee is the typical "player who puts up great numbers on a bad team but can't lead them to victories"

I think Luis Scola is better than him.

Also, he should have not made the all-star team. Josh Smith got snubbed and the only reason why Lee got picked was so the NBA could have a Knick on the team. Typical East-Coast Bias.

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

The thing about m is that he plays no defense. No one on one defense, no help defense and he doesn't defend the rim, AT ALL.

I I don't think he is a good back to the basket player.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I love this.

David Lee puts up 37-20-10 and he's "not an all star" "not good enough" "Not as good as Scola because his team sucks".

He pulls down 12 rebounds per game. He shoots 55% from the field.

You honestly think if you switched Scola and Lee's positions with their respective teams it would negatively effect the Rockets record?

I'm just dumbfounded by the David Lee hatred on this board.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

One of the best Centers in the league...especially this season, since ours is on his annual MIA.

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I don't hate Lee. If I hated Lee, I would wish death upon him or wish we stayed with the Knicks his entire career, gasp!

Hate is such a strong word. I like his production but I don't think he is good enough to be considered a superstar. He needs to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a good team. His flaws are known. He can't grab defensive rebounds consistently and his defense is suspect.

He doesn't have the intangibles that Scola brings to the table. Lee takes some games off, while Scola plays every game like its his last.

12. kikimama

kikimama Member

It doesn't matter he put those up for the Knicks or Lakers and against the Celtics or Warriors. That's hard in a NBA game no matter how you spin it.

13. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Thank you thank you thank you

10th pick on my fantasy team. Killing it for me this season!

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said T-mac doesn't make his teammates better:cool:

Nah, Lee is a beast. He is extremely active.

He can shoot from +10 feet

He can Rebound and pass

He just doesn't defend. He still deserves more than Boozer and a little less tha Amar'e. He's sick.

15. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

I don't think anybody said that he was a superstar. You can't argue that 30-20-10 is not an incredible feat on it's own.

He doesn't grab defensive rebounds consistently? Hmm...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leeda02.html

So far this season:

2nd in total defensive rebounds

6th in defensive rebound percent

16. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

David Lee is an effing stud. I don't care if he's not a superstar, the man goes to work and plays his ass off. #2 in DRPG, I don't know where you're getting the "not a good defensive rebounder" crap. Yeah his defense is suspect (and a lot of times doesn't even look like he tries), but the man is a beast on the boards.

I've been Lee's biggest fanboy since the 2005 draft (hell, since he beat the legendary James White in a dunk contest) and it amazes me still how much people dislike Lee. He's the exact type of person you'd want to root for: all hustle, above average athleticism, and does whatever is needed to help the team. Yet Knicks fans and fans across the league never seem to have fully appreciated what this guy can do. This year's All-Star nod was well-deserved; not saying Josh Smith didn't get snubbed but there were certainly less deserving candidates than David Lee that you can point your fingers at.

Regardless of how you feel about him, you have to admire the 30-20-10, especially considering it hasn't been done for nearly 25 years, with an amazing amount of talent having played without accomplishing that feat.

1 person likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said T-mac doesn't make his teammates better:cool:

Nah, Lee is a beast. He is extremely active.

He can shoot from +10 feet

He can Rebound and pass

He just doesn't defend. He still deserves more than Boozer and a little less than Amar'e. He's sick.

18. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

he is a beast! i knew a thread would go up for him. lol

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd say that being 2nd in the NBA in defensive rebounds per game would put him in the category of "consistent".

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I am not surprised by the 37-20. Anybody who has ever seen him play knows he is capable of that.

The 10 assists, that is IMPRESSIVE