1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt to rockets coaching staff?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nivos, Jun 7, 2014.

?

David blatt to Rockets coaching stuff?

1. yes

38 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. who?

39 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. Nivos

Nivos Member

In regarding all the rumors about David Blatt going to coach the Cavs, or assistant coach in the knicks, GS, Minesota and countless NBA teams don't you think he's the perfect match to replace Sampson as the head assistant coach next to Mchale?
    Here's a Princeton graduate, american born coach, only 55, the perfect age for a coach with more than 8 championships in Europe in 3 different countries, European championship (and also 3 as assistant but who's counting), took Russia to bronze medal in the Olympics and won with them the European championship.
    Always over achiever, all of his teams were better than what people predicted.
    He know's defense, he knows offence, he can draw the last minutes drills that we all were missing the last couple of years.
    He has an eye for details, he's pick n roll offence is the most creative i have ever seen, he's players always know the right timing for screens, all of the suff the rockets have been missing, he can fix.
    The only thing is i don't think that Moorey wants someone smarter than him in the coaching stuff :confused:

2. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I think he'll take a head coaching job over being an assistant, though yes I think the rockets should pursue. To be fair though, almost anyone would be an improvement

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

We can only hope. Everyone knows the key to a championship lies in the ASSISTANT coaching. Rocket fans know that by witnessing first-hand the heights that the wonder boy Chris Finch has taken their team.

1 person likes this.
  4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

while everybody's focus os on blatt, why not grab the opportunity and seal a deal with hollins for our lead assistant...

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Anyone and literally anyone who has been in the NBA for any amount of time for the most part knows more about coaching than the clueless, incompetent McHale, one of the worst coaches in the league if not the worst.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Finch had the Rockets offense one of the top 2-4 best in the NBA... Not sure what you really... Oh that's right you don't really have a point, you just feel like b****ing.

7. Nivos

Nivos Member

I'm not the one to defend Mchale, but you got to give him credit for running a very fragile locker room to a very smooth drama free season. That's not a thing to be looked over.
    However the team has been very bad in the little things that win the game. Yes, Mchale tends to fall asleep on the bench sometimes but the fact that no one on the team can set a proper screen, switches on D are always at wrong timing, no basic awareness of where to stand on offence ( on half court offence) and definitely defense have everything to do with the coaching stuff which is the responsibility of the assistant coach.
    Moorey may want a yes man on the stuff, someone that he "groomed" like finch, but that will lead to another disappointing season.
    All championship teams were the best defensive teams in the league. Period. Finch and Mchale can't bring it to the Rockets.
    I believe that Blatt can be the difference maker.

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

For those who have no clue who David Blatt is:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZcZ6ITX-_mU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GL7a5wbLGag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qXuavk980oI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Finch did that? Really?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

David Blatt will make Omri Casspi into a star. He is obviously good at coaching Jewish players.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Teach the guys to be more stingy on Defense.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

is he gonna be the guy who knows the difference between an x and an o and knows how to use them? and tell harden to play defense, and dwight to set picks and teach a good team defense and bla bla bla? if so then hurry the hell up cuz we're desperate for a real

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Our offense was predictable. The Blazers knew how to defend us. The coaching staff threw in a wrinkle or two, but it was too late.

1 person likes this.
  14. houtown

houtown Member

In order to propel the coaching staff to where it needs to be, the Rockets are going to need to pay and "associate" coach almost head coach money.

15. Nivos

Nivos Member

Was Red Aurebach only good at coaching Jewish players?
    Actually Caspi was always complaining that he don't get minutes under Blatt when he was coaching him, Blatt does not like slacking off at defense.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

can he really coach stuffs?

17. Nivos

Nivos Member

:rolleyes:Sorry english is not my first languish... The rockets have fans all over the world :grin:

I'm surprised that this is the first reply for such a mistake, can I change or edit the headline?

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets offense was heavily front-loaded. Statistically, they were not good at all in the 2nd and especially 4th quarters of games which is why they were awful at holding onto leads. Once teams zeroed in on Harden and didn't allow ISO ball to work(and when the refs would swallow their whistles in crunch time), the offense slowed down and baskets were hard to come by.

So no, Finch(and McHale) did not do a very good job in that area.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I was just joking. I hope you did not take offense. Only contributing members can edit the headline.

20. Normalus

Normalus Member

What about David Blatt as a coach and McHale as assistant coach? Blatt won't come in other way. I was suggesting him way before this thread, there was many threads about who should be our next coach and whatever. He may be the best option for our team, because he won't call ISO's for Harden and there will be pretty much great basketball in Houston (something like in San Antonio).