1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt Fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DorianTurk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. BackdoorHarden

Lebron wanted the Heats coach fired also until Riley told him he doesn't run the Heat.

Cavs don't have backbone like the Heats.

If Lebron doesn't win another championship, he's going to look like the guy that couldn't win except when he joined the uber team

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I take it you mean 3rd place?? hehe

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Shocked but not surprised at the same time. It never seemed like Blatt would be here long term especially how things have gone this season.

The disconnect was pretty obvious, and despite the record this team seemed to barely scrape by even in big wins. They do not look like a legit threat against GSW or SA right now. It kind of makes sense to make a move because they know Blatt is not the answer and this team is built to win the championship yesterday.

The problem is LBJ has an incredible BBIQ, which means I don't think he trusts anyone to lead him. Who knows what would have happened if he would have bought into Blatt? But I also believe Blatt was too intimidated to give any instruction to LBJ which is a good way to lose the rest of the team. Whether Lue will give this team real direction, get Love integrated properly, or he'll just be Lebron's puppet will be the story for the rest of the season.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

How David Blatt never stood a chance with LeBron James and his camp

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Need a puppet coach?

[​IMG]

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

already starting to happen. almost cringe worthy reading the obvious propaganda leaks from the same geniuses who thought "the decision" was a good idea. I was squarely in his corner when he went back to Cleveland, now I'm back on the Lebron hate wagon. I don't even know anything about Blatt, but Lebron did him dirty. He's a b**** ass punk and will forever be so in my eyes.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Good news everyone! i will make a Official fire Blatt thread!

8. J Hard

J Hard Member

Dude was hot garbage. Good luck back oversees.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

People blaming Lebron? Lol of course, hes to blame for the impending world war 3 in the middle east as well.

You idiots.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Who cares.

This is not Phil Jackson or Pat Riley we are talking about.

He was a nobody and an average coach at best.

12. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/152794725" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/152794725">

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im going to stop reading this thread now. could not have said it better than this.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

While I like LBJ more than MJ or Kobe and consider him on the cusp of becoming the GOAT, the reality is he is a megalomaniac and diva who wants to control every aspect of whichever team he's in. If I were an owner no way in hell would I bring him in, he's like Scarlett Johanson in Don Juan, too much baggage to be worth it. You not only have to woo him in, you have to give his boiz jobs, you have to convince other players to sign with his agency now he also needs to bring his own coach in who is also managed by own of his companies. WTF? The dude's already making tons of $$$ out of endorsements and his own contract, can't he wait till he gets old before he does this ****? Why doesn't just Gilbert dump his entire payroll to Lebron, dude will probably make a food company and ask for the exclusive rights to sell food in the arena next.

I mean sure LBJ is a genius b-ball player with photographic memory but he's also only 30 years old, Blatt is an X-and-O's prodigy there are lots of things LBJ can learn from the dude if he was only open minded. I know everyone here treats him like an incompetent/mediocre/average coach but the guy knows a ton about basketball, just watch some of his euroleague campaigns and you'll see he knows his stuff. And Euroball on average is coached at a higher level than the NBA, this is because the players aren't as gifted so XnO tactics are worth more, unlike in the NBA where a team can just shoot 3s and fts and rely on harden 100% of the time and get the 2nd seed. Getting Blatt fired to replace him with Tyron Lue or Mark Jackson (the same Jackson who made GSW a lottery team btw) is just ridiculous and makes me think LBJ isn't serious about winning anymore, he just wants the $$$.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm surprised some of you are throwing a **** fit about Blatt. It was obvious last year Blatt was a bad fit and didn't command the team. LeBron isn't the first star player to want a coach canned because he didn't respect him and didn't want to play for him.

I think it's a smart move by the Cavs. Lebron got the players he wanted and now he's got the coach he wanted. There are no excuses for Lebron now. Once you let a player make organizational decisions to the extent they've done with Lebron you can't take that power back until the decisions blow up in your face.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Apparently he didn't get on Irving, Lebron & Love as much as he did to others and even during film sessions didn't point out their mistakes..this is something I always suspected of McHale with regards to Harden. Crazy that it could actually be true. This makes the move still foolish and my respect for Lebron has plummeted to an all-time low. This man does not deserve the praise and in my opinion has already been dethroned as best player in the league by Curry. You could even make cases for some others. The era of Lebron is over.

17. malakas

malakas Member

First of all Lebron isn't the first superstar to fire his coach. I saw a post in twitter that only two times has a team chosen a coach over their superstar demand. (And I'm pretty sure one of these two times is Lebron in Miami.).
    That's why Riley should get even more credit for puting his foot down and sticking with Spo and not turning the Heat into Lebron's side business.

But most interesting is the Woj article. Even filtering for Woj personal agenda against Lebron the facts are the facts.
    It's Machiavellian the whole Jackson to Klutch and how they even pushed Lue to join them.
    Now THAT is something that no other superstar or player has ever done before.

Good thing that Jackson has been such a clown in GSW with all his shenanigans that his hiring was a non starter for the Cavs GM.
    And if with the pressure of Lebron Jackson can't get hired in Cleveland then no other organisation that doens't have a Lebron pushing so much for him will hire him ever again.

18. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Wow considering the source this story is a bombshell and the anti-Blatt PR campaign has already begun. I remember reading a Windhorst article last year saying negative things about Lebron, but Woj is a different level altogether.

While the NBA is definitely a superstar's league, I don't know how smart it is to let a player and especially the agency he's affiliated with have so much control. Doesn't this seem like a conflict of interest?

Also poor Mark Jackson, odd man out yet again!

19. malakas

malakas Member

I wonder how much money Lebron makes from Klutch. Anyone knows how big % are the commisions?

The league should start looking into this. It's unethical for a player to be an agent as well. Or to be involved financially in such way with an agent.
    But now that Lebron is the vice president of the player association good luck in changing those rules.
    Because whether we know it or not, whether we like it or not, the teams are controlled by the agents. The agents influence who one team signs, if he gets extended even coaching decisions.
    Remember what Cyber had posted last year about the agent of Cousins lobying the agent of Gay to change coaches?
    Or that farce that used to be the Knicks that only signed players from one agency only?

Now Lebron has more power than the usual superstar because he is also an agent.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thorpe the only guy on ESPN saying it's bad, the other 4 thing it's a good move and should've been done etc. WOW