1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown11, Nov 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i think they should split the minutes.

Andersen is much more polished offensively whether its low post or high post game. but he is obviously soft and cant finish as well as pops on breaks

but i think if we give Andersen a bit of time, he will be more consistently effective than pops due to skill

2. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

If you want to comment on his performance, at least spell his name correctly.

3. worzel gummidge

4. htown11

htown11 Member

True probably should have given him more credit, hes not horrible but hes got so much to work on. Sometimes looks like he loses his balance a bit, kinda fumbles around.

Im not a Andersen hater I hope he does well, seems like a good guy that wants to learn.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with your questions. Keep contributing to the board. We all learn from each other.

6. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Sorry, I guess. :)

Andersen wasn't signed to be Yao's replacement, but I'm pretty sure he was singed with Yao firmly in mind.

Scolandry were a hell of a mixed bag tonight but they were brilliant. They were down and dirty and they're so different.

This second half was as about as good defense than I've seen in a regular season 21st century game,

Andersen was terrible, but I think he'll soon be a "scheme guy" defensively.

Our "size" is coming from out of Adelman's head. If by some stretch of the imagination occurs and we beat the Lakers we'll make more headlines than just about at any time.

I think we'll be 4-3 soon, and we're definitely going to be in the hunt for the playoffs. Amazing.

7. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

What I don't like about him is he's an absolute black hole. As soon as he gets the ball in the post, he's shooting it...

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sadly, we don't have many options.

Give him time, knee jerks are the worst.

9. rockets2

rockets2 Member

He'll have thse type games. but he will have games where he'll go 20 points on on high % shooting

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

More like

Frye: 2M (Year 1: 2M; Year 2[player option]: 2.08M)
    Andersen : 4.8M (Year 1: 2.3M; Year 2: 2.5M; Year 3[team option]: 2.7M)

If Frye picks up his player option, we'll have paid about 700K more for Andersen after the 2nd year. If David doesn't pan out, we don't pick up his option on the 3rd year.

11. markus4040

markus4040 Member

DA had a bad game... he will bounce back. He has a sweet shot, and can hit the turnaround fade away. He he will be productive for us.

12. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

He's inconsistent right now, but that's to be expected. He's going to be very limited in what he can produce defensively, but if he just stands with his arms straight up like he did a bit against Portland, his height will be enough to bother some shots.

Offensively I think he can be really good. He's produced a game or two of 15+ points on pretty high % shooting in pre-season. Let him find his feet and I think he should be good for 10ppg off of 15mins or so.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

way to watch one game and jump to a conclusion. yet another thread that is just wasting bandwidth. one of these days clutch is going to let us rate 0 stars -- I can only hope that you still post here then.

14. HPD

HPD Member

David is still adjusting.... he is still needs to gain some muscle mass i think....and become more agressive on taking his shots,.

15. rockets_fanatic

I'm going to answer all your questions with just one answer. 77 games left in the season.

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

You cant expect him to adjust to the NBA in just 4 games. It's going to take an entire season for that to happen. Hopefully by the end of this season he will get more physical on D. If that happens, he will be a great backup for Yao the following season(s).

17. joesr

joesr Member

I was going to ask that same question.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Andersen, Cook, and Dorsey for.............Camby!

Get 'er done.

19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Will everyone on this forum know how to spell "Andersen"?

Probably not.

20. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Just give it more time. We are 4 games in. All the Euro players take time to adjust.