1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on Quora!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cokebabies, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Sorry if this was already posted. I didn't see any existing threads when I searched.

http://www.quora.com/NBA-Season-2012–13/Why-is-Jeremy-Lin-so-turnover-prone-and-how-can-he-fix-this

2 people like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I've never heard of Quora until today. Morey keeps himself on the bleeding edge of new technologies it seems.

3. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Yeah Quora was founded by two early Facebook guys and is like an enhanced version of Yahoo! Answers. I'm not sure how popular it is around the country but in the Bay Area, a lot of people use it because we're the hotbed for tech, and the startup is based here. Lots of other early Facebookers have left to join Quora (and Pinterest) in the past year now that they've fully-vested and gone IPO. There's actually a lot of insider info on Quora if you look for it.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

I have heard of this site. Did Morey just post this? I think it is old from when Lin was in NY because we have yet to play the Raptors.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

WTF is Quora?

6. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Dated 11/2/12 friday

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The original thread was created last Spring, but it looks like Morey's response was just yesterday.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Ah yes. My mistake. Dumb of me to not see that. That is wicked cool though.

9. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

See, i never knew that. Morey keeps surprising me with his numbers game. Kinda scary to think about what kinds of info he has on the entire league

10. lightningbolt

lightningbolt Member

Morey's great with numbers, but it seems he needs to brush up on his geography.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah that is why I was confused. He said Toronto but mean't Detroit. That is why I thought it was an old post back from when Lin was playing with the Knicks.

12. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

I think he meant that he started following Lin starting with the Toronto game. I don't think he had a choice. That's the day Alexander hung up on him with the phone.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Oh yes I remember that story. Makes sense. I love advanced statistics so anytime I get to hear from Morey himself is always sweet. It was interesting what he said about TO's. Hollinger said the exact same thing in regards to Westbrook after his rookie season.

14. King Boo

King Boo Member

Rep'd. Great find! Lin's turnovers are way overblown. How many people were still ragging on Lin for his turnovers last night when he had the fewest TO/min of our starters?

I actually think he's talking about Detroit, why would he say "opening"? The "12" refers to the number of Lin's good passes, not necessarily converted into assists.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its funny how Morey slowly releases some of his numbers when asked, but only when asked.

I would love to read his detailed scouting reports on players.