1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is so overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Um, if we had won the champoinship im sure we wouldnt trade away our players. Just a guess though. :rolleyes:

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Didn't AB waive his no-trade cause to be traded to the Nuggets to get more playing time? I thought we were doing him a favor there?

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Did he have one? I don't remember that but I could be wrong.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

KJ and his mom >>>>> Canaaan and whatever mom he may or may not have.

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

This is interesting. If that's the case I would prefer Morey put his foot down and tell McFail that Canaan is the backup point instead of giving up on him.

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Morey is worshiped on here for the most part and can do no wrong. Those of us who criticize him are seen as irrational. Like I said in my thread during the playoffs from last year, if the Rox flame out again in the first round this year, then yes he needs to be on a sizzling hot seat at the very least. Rational, non-homer fans can't continue to make excuses for Morey and eventually you have to start at the top which is Morey because Les isn't going to fire himself (even though he is a huge part of shortcomings with this organization as well).

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Why's it so hard for you to admit Morey ****ed up big time? He has made fatal mistakes time and time again.

He should've tanked in the first place. It took him 3 years to understand that "competitive rebuilding" is a joke.(He was going to tank before that Harden trade) Then he got lucky because OKC had a cheap owner. (He was really really lucky that Harden was on the poorest team in the NBA).

He should've never let Dragic go because of "flexibility". That again shows how dumb he is. Dragic was a damn good player, even with that player option, he is very movable. Ironically, he replace Dragic with Lin and sign him to an even more expensive contract. And eventually had to attach a 1st round pick in order to move him.

He should've moved Asik as soon as Dwight was signed. Asik was clearly disgruntled and Asik eventually became a lockerroom cancer. His trade value dropped to all-time low and we're now stuck with a mid 1st round pick instead of having an actually player who could have helped during last year's playoff run.

Then he made another fatal mistake to let Parsons test free agency. And refused to match him because of "flexibility". We are not gonna have max cap room until 2016 anyway. And the cap room in 2016 is gonna be around 90M, so even with that max contract, we can still make a push for Durant.

And did I mention his interference with coaching decisions? He's a GM, not a coach. Him coaching the team is not gonna work.

9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

That, or the fact that we couldn't offer him a max contract. The two other teams on his list were LA and NY do you think he chose them because of how loyal they are to their player?

Also, he hasn't even agreed to signed with Miami long term yet, he's publicly said that he's going to test out free agency. So is he loyal?

This is a business. I think players understand that more than fans do sometimes.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Its almost as if you guys would rather be drafting at 14 every year.

11. J Hard

J Hard Member

So he's forever absolved from criticism.

For every good move. he's made a mistake.
    Lowry,
    AB,
    The mishandling of Dragic which led to us basically not wanting to be traded back here which screwed us at this deadline,
    Canaan
    Kahwi Lonard
    Kevin McHale,
    The McHale extension
    Bad reputation across the league with players for his blood lust of trades,
    His desire to be a celebrity GM. Just stay behind the scenes and do your job man.

I could go on further but if you understand basketball, you understand what I am saying.

I was a huge fan of Morey's but now I'm skeptical he's the guy to get us there. Don't trust him at all.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

FTR... Morey wanted to tank but Les didn't let him.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

14. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Fatal mistakes time and time again? We are 3rd in the tough ass west with Jones and Dwight out most of the year, and you are b****ing? We are better than we have been since the championship days and you wonder why poeple dont take you guys seriously.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Yeah you are right, if you understand basketball than Morey should be fired. :rolleyes:

17. CertifiedTroll

Funny you start off saying your one of his biggest fans, then you say he is overrated and should be fire.

18. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Buford and Riley have rings. Morey has none.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

The world must look so simple to you.

20. J Hard

J Hard Member

That was MOREY's doing. He wanted to be competitive while trying to retool.

Maybe you didn't understand that, but that was Morey's doing, along with Les.

Retooling and wheeling and dealing is great when your team is mediocre but not having that same balls to the wall mentality when you're a contender. It's irresponsible at best.