1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Broke James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigggReddd, Nov 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Remember when Beard would put up 40+ from the midrange? What about the filthy 33pt performance vs PHX when he hit a nasty stepback dagger in PJ's mouth?
    Would Beard even put up 30 on PJ today? Stepback 3, stepback 3, stepback 3... nothing new, and entirely predictable. Daryl Morey has broken James Harden.

pauebtg, Invisible Fan, amaru and 5 others like this.
  2. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

All of James’ game is entirely predictable, but he’s still an MVP caliber player regardless.

Worry less about James and how atrocious our team defense has been.

Blurr#7, Ramo$e, topfive and 7 others like this.
  3. rockets13champs

Everyone overreacts like hell after 1 regular season game.

4. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

100% and I took the bait on this one haha.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Harden used to break anyone down with a midrange post up game. THAT era of James Harden was not predictable, he'd sauce you up in 30 different ways. Now he's exclusively getting stuffed at the rim or clanking stepback 3's.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he's become more of a one trick pony. What gets me is he goes for difficult shots vs easy ones on the court. A fadeaway one legged contested 3 is not better than an open midrange

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nah Klohe did

B-Bob and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. rockets13champs

LOL I’m dyin this guys comment

10. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Maybe he needs to lose weight. as u get older u need to get in better shape

Highlyrated and jcmoon like this.
  11. rockets13champs

Westbrook mindset at the end of the game is better. He goes after simple plays. Harden is great let’s not get it wrong but, I feel like he’s tryna get his legs back. He’s trying to shoot out of the slump. And when ur in a slump and a volume shooter u try everything, like that’s why he’s taking the contested shots

Highlyrated and Lawlruschang like this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

When you go 2/16 from the 3 try to bring back the step back king

13. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

He’s had some bad shooting games but we are only 5 games into the regular season. How can you say he broke JH when Harden was the MVP 2 seasons ago and runner-up for MVP last year? Harden had his highest scoring average per game just last year. We are only 5 games into the new year. Chill tf out man

Mathloom and Lawlruschang like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

when he willingly settles for his difficult stepback 3s over and over and over and its obvious hes not on, he's breaking himself

15. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s partially true, but he’s allowed to do whatever the f he wants so instead of practicing one legged ballet shots he should’ve worked on his regular shots ;)

Lawlruschang likes this.
  16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Agreed

Especially since the few mid range shots he’s taken this year so far have been money and he’s been making them at a high clip.

At some point 3 isn’t better than a mid range 2 when your shooting 20% from 3.

He’ll get his avg up he’s done this before we’re he’s had some really bad 5-6 Game stretches shooting the ball but it’s magnified right now because of the new teammates and it being the beginning of the season.

OtisHerrera likes this.
  17. holpcs2

holpcs2 Member

I do wish James would lose about 10-15 lbs. I think it would greatly help with his conditioning, which has always been a problem at the end of the season; regardless of him being a "hooper."

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Yeah, Harden's shooting terrible through the 3pt shot.... but I feel he's doing everything else right for the most part. There are far worse players in our team at the moment. And our coach has to take a lot of the blame for our awful defense this season.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

He's really become a 3-point chucker. Unexcusable percentage at this volume.

You hate to see it.

20. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Imagine the hate from this forum if it was Westbrook taking these shots bs Harden taking them. I felt like it was gonna be Russ shooting the Rockets out of games, not James.

smp and xtruroyaltyx like this.