1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey: Apology Accepted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I didn't doubt Morey's approach so I congratulate myself on not being a hater like many of ya'll tanker wannabes.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

If Harden was like 27, I wouldn't be happy. But he's only 23, and IMO has yet to enter his prime. He's got a lot of potential and has a lot of room to grow.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

A max guy is one worth his maximum salary which is based on age. Harden is young so his max will be 13.66 mil next season. Harden's max salary next season is slightly higher than Martin's is this season. His salary will be less than what Scola and Lamb's contract would be next season.

Max salaries exist because franchise players are worth a lot more than the max.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

regardless of the rest of the debate...
    Harden's achievements < Melo's conference finals trip as the best player on his team (which was arguably the 2nd best team that year, just had the bad luck to be in the Western conference)

5. Orange

Orange Member

Are you even a rockets fan. You Suck please leave.

6. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

he was not a max guy, buy Morey just made him that... and I hope he's f'ng right.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Nervous Nellies and typical haters and Anti's aside, Go Rockets !

See ya at the open house.......

8. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

I see that too. Kevin love is the missing piece to make this a championship team

9. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

People are talking like howard would have stayed in houston. He won't have! He even threatened the rockets. Why should houston mortgage its future for a one year rental??

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As much as I hate to admit it, this is true.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why are we even still discussing this? He's a Laker, guys. Harden is a Rocket. Deal with it.

Also, "He won't have!"????

12. deshen

deshen Member

It is a good sign, but you get to check the record of this team at the end of the season. What if this team could not make the playoffs?

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Morey knows how to take advantage of the CBA's major flaws. Still counts.

14. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

it's a top 5 sg in whole league filled with 32 teams with so many sg's out there...

15. Gri

Gri Member

I accept his apology. Still, he needs a lot to do to make up all past failures.

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It's hard to believe that people are complaining about the trade. It's not the greatest trade ever but it is a good trade.

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Agree with everything except the good d part. Harden is not a good defender. He is arguably below average.

18. fattz

fattz Member

I am in shock that there are "Rocket fans" that are not happy today.

This trade is a win/win for both sides.

OKC gets help today in Martin, tomorrow in Lamb, plus two picks for years to come. For player that out played his role on the team and they could not / would not pay.

We get a player thats face will be on the tickets and hope for a brighter future. For a player that would walk at year's end, a player who has a lower upside then the player we received, a first rounder we traded a bust at the end of his rookie contract for, and a first rounder we traded a player that could not get along with the coach (then out played by his back-up) for. All but one of this players had to go anyway. DMtheGM has done his job well IMO.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Great job Morey!!!

20. Grigori

Grigori Member

Apology? Haha. No chance, no how, no way. When the Rockets win a championship, Morey will be criticized for not doing it quickly enough.