1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darius Miles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Apr 8, 2000.

1. alaskansnowman

Well, what do you all think about us gettin Darius? OF COURSE, he has a ton of potential, and in a few years, he could be a great player. Plus, with our fabulous coaching staff, I bet he will improve rapidly.

What is he, 6-9? How much does he weigh? We need a big guy, so is he worth going after? He is more like a guard/sf rather than a big man. But then again, he could be like a Tracy Mcgrady who has good defense and rebounding, and has developed into a good scorer also. Should we get this guy?

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

2. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

YES.

------------------
    Check out the best source for draft info.

Draftsource.net

3. DaneB

DaneB Member

I like the looks of him, but look at Jonathan Bender of the Pacers. He broke Micheal Jordan's scoring record in the Mickey D's All-Star Game and hes stuck on the bench. Don't know if it will be worth getting somebody who we would just keep on the bench, when we need a SF or PF now.

------------------
    The clock is winding down, and Scottie has the ball, Cato is sprinting towards him, Pippen shoots and here comes Cato. Man did you see that block?!!! Ouch it hit Scottie right between the legs. ITS FINAL!! THE ROCKETS ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF Y2K!!!

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

this kid looks great... but can someone remind me why we need a SF?

------------------

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Walt, if he is not traded before the end of his contract, will not be resigned by the Rockets. Thus, the Rockets need a 3 for their future.

------------------

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Darius Miles has a huge upside. I have watched this kid play and he has skills. He would fit in perfectly with francis and mobley. He reminds me of Tracy. I go to college in st. louis, so i decided to check out some of his high school games. Unbelievable!! He can fly. Of course, I think that if the Rockets have a chance to get kenyon martin or marcus fizer, they will go with that. But, If those two are taken, I say that our next best pick would be to go with Miles.

------------------

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In Lottery/Tanking strategy, taking Miles is the best way to go. We would draft him for potential, have another sub-.500 season and pick up another good and more refined player. Then Miles and the '01 draftee would peak around the same time, led by a slightly more mature PG for a 3-star Rockets dynasty. Who wants to have another losing season for the sake of the team's future?

------------------