1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House is playing a dangerous game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 8, 2019.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

because they can always sign new player and try to milk as much as possible from everyone

2. alethios

alethios Member

He'll probably make more money in Europe or China, so if it's about the money, there's no point in playing this game. If he wants to stay in Houston, then he should shut up and take the 3 year deal.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

not dangerous, stupid. if he doesn't get 4m+ guaranteed deal in the next year he will realize how stupid he was.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's the worst case scenario. No one lives their life like that. Not you, me or House. Any team looking for depth on the wing - and there are always plenty - can offer him $2m this summer which would make up for all this time. Having a short resume of 20ish games starting and playing damn well for a team winning at an incredible pace, never losing your rotation spot and then being forcefully shelved is enough to convince someone. I would bet on that for myself.

DVauthrin, hakeem94 and joshuaao like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

How can you say he looks good because of harden and the system when we have tried about 6 different players in his role and he was by far the best? If thats all it was then we should have been able to plug anyone in there. Also, we need SIZE on the wing, not some little ass guards like ellington and shump. If we dont sign him, then to me we arent trying to win.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

And next year you have another group of young guys all across the world/college ready to come in and play that 3 and D role. It was a horrible gamble to bet on himself from the beginning. Especially for a limited role player. Only gets that more difficult when the pool of players trying to take his spot gets bigger

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Morey should just cut him outright. He will get more $$$ on another team. And Rox will still be under the luxury tax. Set him free.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think House already screwed himself. I figured all along if he rejected the Rockets' offer, he'd wind up having to settle for a 1-yr minimum contract next season from another team. Now though, he may wind up having to start out on another 2-way deal. The free agent class is too deep and he's barely played enough this year to entice any teams to commit money to him. He hasn't even suited up for a third of the season.

roslolian likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, if he doesn't play this season he's not going to get a better offer than a one year minimum deal, maybe not even guaranteed.

@justtxyank just curious, if we keep him as a 2-way player for all the season, the 45 days are going to reset for the next season?

#29 Vivi, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's a big difference lol not just 1M.

Maybe I'm wrong but IIRC the NBA GLeague max salary is around 80k usd while the 2 way max deal is around 200k. House is looking at 90% pay reduction for his hubris and wanting to do a DMO and assert his rights. He wanted to put the squeeze on the Rox but the team just sent a huge FU note to him lol.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yo House.

Time to douche it up in night clubs with owners that hate us.

Karma hasn't treated those players nicely, but it's business in an adult's world and you know your rights!

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am sure he and the Rockets are talking about it.

DD

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh i know its a huge difference. G-League salary is pennies compared to a guaranteed nba deal. just tried to make it sound not as bad just because

roslolian likes this.
  14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He's on 2-way contract. 2-way contract don't count against the cap.

15. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

KJ was a dumba$$ that could run and jump and shoot like a deer. House has skills.

16. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Why isn't he playing? If he is not working on his game that isn't going to bode well for his return. I guess he is just putting up shots in a gym to stay sharp?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Someone may take a flyer on him for sure.

The thing is, if it's a bad team then they are not going to likely play him over their draft picks and projects. They play players to develop them...and if it is on a contending team then they are likely already talented.

He was starting for a top 10 team in the league. He took a big risk in conceding his starting spot for a bigger contract.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The thing is, life put him in the hands of a team willing to choke his career out. If it means he secures the dollars and doesn't get playing time, he has to live with that for a bit. But again, a competitor bets on himself. If he plays well enough in practice and limited minutes, they will showcase him as an asset. Typically, the team offering him that money will have somewhat of a need at that position too. It would work out if he found that team.

ilias likes this.
  19. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I think there is a very high chance that the agent over leverage Rockets situation, given where House is, Morey's deal is a fair deal. If he is really good, there will be a big contract after.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Rockets were not trying to choke his career out. Morey took a risk that he could replace his production. I doubt the Rockets sat there thinking they were going to ruin this guys career, they offered him a contract to continue playing and he declined, the nature of his two-way deal means he was sent back down to the Gleague.

I think you can also say that by taking the contract he bets on himself. Beverly was in a similar situation when we got him and he took the min deal, played his butt off for 3 years, and now he's set in the NBA as a valuable player.

Right now House hasn't proved himself to the league, playing 15 or so games isn't proof of anything. I would not be surprised if he's fighting for a spot through summerleague games. I'm not knocking the guy at all but more talented guys have not made teams all because a lot of teams have projects and young players they want to keep.

Look at how many dudes lost spots on this team so we could give Zhou Qi one more look...