1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The people criticizing House for not allowing himself to get locked in for 3 years at the min are probably the same people that insisted that if LeBron went to the fakers (rather than Houston) it would be 'career suicide' (I kid u not actual term someone used...) - lol

I mean we're all fans that root for the Rockets... but some folks have no objectivity... and then there are those that get downright delusional with their rationalizations... lol smh...

ISOBall, roxallways, IvanLCPM and 4 others like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

aaahhhh

Rocket River
    I could be wrong

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Nunnally needs the ball in his hands to create. Harden is slowing him down.

apollo33 and amaru like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

With House we win this game...
    [​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In regulation.

DD

Dgn1, roxallways and amaru like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, has House already liked some random instagram post about Gordon and Ennis making big shots? Cause those are the guys who are going to steal all of his minutes :(:p

Or maybe he shoots worse than Ennis and we lose ;)

BigMaloe, cbs1507, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. House moves the needle, but not all that much. Ennis served the same function last night. House is hardly irreplaceable. He's just the official DaDakota Flavor of the Month™.

BigMaloe, Smacktle, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm criticizing him because:

1) I didn't see many guys like him get more than the minimum last summer

2) This years FA class is better, so it seems like role player guys will get squeezed again

3) I don't think his small sample size will get him more $$ than a minimum deal

Do y'all have recent examples of guys like him signing for more?

BigMaloe, Smacktle, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

25 games really is a small sample size. He played well. But, I've seen other players, like Corey Brewer and Josh Smith, look good for short periods of time before sinking back to being below average players.

House is young and has upside, but I'm not sure his performance over a 25 game period deserves anything more than what the Rockets offered. A three year guaranteed contract is not bad for a guy who started the season playing for the Vipers.

BigMaloe, Huncho Bean, Vivi and 6 others like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Your objectivity point is fair but your comparison is wrong

12. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

It’s simply a bet, House is betting he can get more $$, time will tell.

DM only bet the 3 yr minimum, if he felt house was worth more he’d have offered it. For us Rockets fans it’s a loss, this guy was doing good with us.

I understand and won’t criticize both sides. FWIW I think he did better bc he was playing with Harden.

If house doesn’t get an offer, I’m pretty sure he’ll regret turning down Morey’s. But hey, he has his rights, like DMo

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Well he and his agent think he can get more... I say more power to him... it's his career and i wouldnt expect him to do anything less than what he think is best for him...
    Obviously I'm a Rox fan and I want what is best for the team - but I dont begrudge a man for looking out for his pocketbook...
    We could have him playing for us now at the minimum - but Morey insists on putting the screws to him for an additional 2 years - as if we dont routinely sign guys for a 1 year contract...

Morey signed the kid to a reg contract - and then waived him so he could use the spot to lock up Clark on a 3year deal...
    Then Morey brought him back on a cheaper 2 way deal...
    The org then wrung out every last drop of his NBA eligible time from that cheaper 2 way contract...
    The kid wants to play out the balance of the year at the minimum (as is stipulated by his 2 way contract being able to be converted to a 1 yr min) - but Morey is insisting on tying the kid up for an additional 2 years at the min...

and you think House is the guy being unreasonable for watching out for his money? really?

#1093 kjayp, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  14. ch44

ch44 Member

No. The first offer was fully non-guaranteed. The follow up offer guaranteed the rest of this season and contained benchmark dates to guarantee the other 2 seasons, but it was not fully guaranteed.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I agree that is the right evaluation but also if I’m House’s agent. I’m thinking hell you were starting for a playoff team. I can at least get you 3 mil a year on the open market.

I think Morey overplayed his hand by starting him before getting a deal done.

16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Thanks for the info.
    I think its safe to say this will end in a stalemate and well see what happens in RFA.
    Time to move on.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Harden is the best basketball player in the world and probably will be for another 2-3 years but Chris Paul’s contract is about to turn into an albatross if it hasn’t already. The window of championship potential is currently wide open but it may get slammed shut as early as next year. You can spread the blame for the House situation around to everyone. Doesn’t really matter. But right now he needs to finish this season on this roster and push for a ring.

Dgn1 likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So whose side do we believe ?.....

Rockets say his money was guaranteed.... House says it wasn't.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

The social media bullshit is not business.

And ch44 edjumacating the **** out of all the house packers.

#1099 D-rock, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

UNLOCK

THE

HOUSE

Deckard, Dgn1, kjayp and 1 other person like this.