1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House back with Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 12, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

With all due respect, I think you're overreacting here. House didn't play because we were on a 9-game win streak without him and he had just been called up. We've got guys in the rotation that he's never played with before. It'll take a little time (hopefully not too long) to figure out where he fits now.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yet another loss due to House not playing. This time it's MDA's fault

chadyang likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

when people overrate and hold a role player to the standard of some kind of star when in reality it's false, that's the type of logic you get. that's their fault, not anyone elses

HP3 likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No disrespect taken.

House is only a virgin with Faried and a guy acquired because we lost HIM :)

I think we all agree Harden, CP3, and Tucker have played too many minutes.

It was negligent to DNP him last night, same way it was negligent to re-Viper him.

slothy420 likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, I won't really argue about that. In an ideal non-repeater-tax world, I think Tilman would have paid the small amount of luxury tax needed to sign House and keep him on the squad. It was the perfect storm of stupid financial nonsense and it cost us valuable time for him to continue to gel with the rotation.

slothy420 and Houstunna like this.
  6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Waiting? Waiting for what? I'm not on the BBS (or at least paying close enough attention to it) to where I am aware of who is waiting for my comment on anything. Shooting me a tweet on Twitter will be a better way to get a response from me.

As for your idea, there could be some merit in the Rockets going after one or two veterans in April in order to maximize the amount of aggregatable salary they have for trades this summer. More likely, though, they will use those spots on younger developmental guys. Either way, I see the Rockets adding one or two players in April.

joshuaao, fckbandwagons and Deuce like this.
  7. basketballholic

No, I didn't say that. I could easily see him being willing to sign a deal though....non-guaranteed for next season....in order to possibly get a chance to play.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Um... sure. But that would apply to literally any player under 35 who's been out of the league a couple of years.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

House is a decent player who can be useful for us for around 10-12 minutes, perhaps a bit more, but I sure wish we had Pascal, DeAndre, and VanVlett to put us over the top.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is more important than that, IMHO, he should be the starting SF.

DD

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do agree that House should be the starting SF, with Gordon as the 6th man. It's going to take him some time to get in rhythm coming from the G-League, but he should start against his former Suns.

Mathloom likes this.
  12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

This board falls in love with role players who have 15 game stretches of solid play, I absolutely don’t understand it.

13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

More like out of love with scrubs who play like garbage for years.

14. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Who are you referring to here?

15. basketballholic

Yeah, I named several..............

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Now with them to think after the lose I kind of agree with u

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

It would really be great if House can recapture that effectiveness, but if we're being honest it's possible he will not shoot as well as he did earlier in the season. Still, if neither House or Shumpert are shooting well, I think House has a better energy and overall offensive game to compensate. Man it's good to finally have some options. It was alarming how people were talking about how we're only going to have an 8-man rotation anyway. A contender needs options.

You make a great point about Gordon going back to the bench. I like that a lot more than Gordon starting and trying to guard bigger guys. Paul/Gordon/Faried causing fast-paced havoc off the bench would be excellent.

saleem likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we gonna ignore the fact that House is in great shape?
    [​IMG]

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

and he starts.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

our bro @Carl Herrera been so busy starting tilman is cheap threads that others here have had to fill in his void now :D