1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Antoni: We’ll Win One for Paul and Get Him Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 26, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. If he was a factor even defensively he would have been used atleast sparingly but mentally it has just made him look lost and obviously his confidence is probably at an season low right now. Can he flip the switch just like that in a situation like this? I really doubt it but vids of him being the first one out on the practice floor shows that atleast he's taking on the challenge so we'll see.

saleem likes this.
  2. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

A win is possible if role players step up big time. Very hard but doable. Luc its time to prove yourself, gotta get over your shoulder fears and be the prince you were meant to be.

saleem and banzai like this.
  3. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

No better timing if Luc wants to prove himself. This game could be a life changing game for Luc as he will have a new contract next season.

Rocket River and ak99999 like this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Need Gerald to go off coming off the bench.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i humbly disagree. his injury has definitely made him a worse defender. As you point out, the sample size isn't a lot since he's been back, but what i've seen from him post injury indicates he's actually a liability on the court. He can't shoot or defend with a bum shoulder. Only question is if he's healed up enough. I hope he's taken i giant leap forward from what we saw a week or so ago.

6. macan

macan Member

tonight is luc's bounce back game

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We won’t really need him to shoot. Just play Alcatraz-lock-down defense.

Capela
    Tucker
    Moute
    Ariza
    Harden (Defensive harden)

You ain’t scoring on that lineup right there.

DaonlyLA likes this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

CP3 broUgh him over. CP3 gonna make sure Moute represents out there.

9. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I hope the Rockets stomp a Mud Hole into the Warriors! Beat them bad on their own court! We don't want those crumb snatchers trying to crawl their way back to the H! If they do I hope the Rockets bloody them bastards! Best way to get equal value is to get in their heads! Make this game 6 into a dog fight! Scrap and Claw and hope one of their big four gets ejected from the Game!

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The article quotes him as:

"Hopefully, the team rallies around.Hey, we'll win one for him and get him back."

The preceding sentence doesn't make sense unless what follows is the thing the team is supposed to be rallying around. Anyway, that's how I read it.

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

So I just went back and watched Games 2 and 3 where LMM played meaningful minutes. I watched only him and his play on the defensive end. He looked locked in on his man, never got lost. He had a good seal picking off two warriors on the offensive end too. He was hardly ever the on ball defender as the Warrriors never attacked him. But all in all he looked solid defensively and did his job. Now rewatching his botched layups was painful, but if he's just active and brings the energy I see him being a plus. He didn't look like he was lost or lacked confidence on the defensive end.

BHannes2BHonest and Aruba77 like this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I feel like they are actually going to win this for Cp (and themselves). The momentum and energy feel right this time.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

We can only hope moute exceeds expectations bc with cp3 out hou is going to need all they can get

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I hope they rally around for cp3, get an emotional charge from it, guys come out focused and dialed in defensively. They can hopefully still produce the same defensive results and if harden can have an A game we can still win.

YOLO likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That my COach rather than loser McFail

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This makes me feel better.

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Sending positive vibes to your prayers

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone always quotes "Houston we have a problem" from Apollo 13. I'm choosing another quote

MD_in_Training likes this.
  19. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This is going to be our finest hour!

20. csc177

csc177 Member

We’re doomed - it was a good run. I’m expecting another harden melt down in game 7 when this franchise needs him most.