1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dante Exum

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Dante Exum

NBA Comparison: Penny Hardaway

Strengths: Lightning quick combo guard with a deadly first step ... Plays an incredibly controlled and smooth game, especially considering he is routinely the quickest guy on the court ... Gets where he wants to off the dribble at will; has good ability to change direction ... Very positive reports about his leadership ability, strong character, and work ethic ... An unselfish and heady player ... Has an uncanny ability to draw fouls, both in the open- and half-court...At 6'6" is more than capable of playing both guard positions; "natural" position may actually be PG... A good and willing passer... Has great length ... Can score in a variety of ways around the basket ... Has good finishing ability ... Good overall feel for the game ... One of the top prospects not just in Australia, but in the world ... Strong character kid, with strong desire to win and improve his game ...

Weaknesses: An inconsistent, but improving, shooter. Shot tends to be flat and needs more arch ... Slight build, will need to work on absorbing contact on both ends of the floor ... Although a strong on-ball defender, strength may be an issue, as he does not fight through screens effectively ... Does not currently have much of a mid range game to speak of, although it is easy to make the argument he has no opportunity to show one given how easily he gets to the rack ...

Notes: Had a dominant performance for Australia at 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship in Prague ... Has the option to declare for the 2014 NBA draft, but is likely to play NCAA ball first; Indiana University is currently thought to be atop his list ... His father, Cecil Exum, grew up in North Carolina; after winning a NCAA championship alongside Michael Jordan at UNC, Cecil moved to Australia to play professional basketball ... Currently attends the Australian Institute of Sport, where he will graduate in November, 2013. This is the same institution that produced fellow Aussies Luc Longley, Andrew Bogut, Patty Mills, and Matthew Dellavedova ...

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

DX scouting vids starting up.:)

[youtube]vSadteflk9Y[/youtube]

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Damn...looks awesome. Can't wait for this draft. So many crazy talents like this kid.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

This kid is the truth. Saw him in the Aus-Spain U19 (i think) game and the hoop summit and he clearly shined above most other players. Best way to describe him is a taller Westbrook but maybe not the same athleticism.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Been following this kid for a while now, seeing as IU has been recruiting the Hell out of him and left quite an impression, I might add. Very versatile offensive game, sick first step, continually improving, all the tools to be great. He actually wants the experience of spending some time in college. That's weighing pretty heavily on his decision to turn pro or not. Unless the Rockets could grab him in the draft (highly unlikely) I hope he chooses Indiana, of course. Love his game, I expect big, big things from this kid, whether it be on the college level or the NBA.

6. jvu

jvu Member

Saw him play in multiple Adidas tournaments and hoop summits. This kid is the real deal. Quick and explosive playmaker who can take over games. I felt every time he came in he was the best player on the court.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I can say i have played against him, funny thing was i didnt even know how good he was before our match at the under 17's for Aus tryouts.. lets just say after the scrimmage i knew him very well. he would of dropped 20 odd with ease on me as well as dunking on me in minimal minutes haha..

i blame him for being the reason i didnt make the team haha..

Aus will quietly have a good team at the next olympics

Mills (international scoring machine 21.2 points per game at London Olympics)
    Matthew Dellavedova (wish he got drafted but he is trying out with the cavs in training camp weakness is his lateral movement for a PG)
    Exum (NBA starter eaily)
    David Anderson (Houston's own who can still ball)
    Bogut (rim protecter)

lebron who?

8. Voice of Aus

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ben-simmons

also add this kid, his nba player comparison is TMAC and i wouldn't be suprised if he goes top 3

Canada vs Aus in the olympics for years to come

thanks for coming USA

9. matty101

matty101 Member

10. Voice of Aus

11. Oz Rocket

Oz Rocket Member

12. Voice of Aus

13. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

14. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I think Joe ingles/Brad Newley instead of Matty D and David Andersen

15. Coherent

Coherent Member

I see him as a taller, better defensive, Leandro Barbosa. Should be a very serviceable player in this league for a long-time.

16. Voice of Aus

man i think Newley is way way overrated, GET RID OF HIM

17. Voice of Aus

+ Anderson bleeds red, enough said

18. Voice of Aus

@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: Australian star Dante Exum, who could be a top 5 pick in 2014 NBA Draft, is setting up agent meetings. http://t.co/yntKMB4K2o

IM SO PUMPED FOR DANTE

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

at 6'6", do you think he stays at the point? Do you draft him to play more as a 2?

20. Voice of Aus

i draft him at the point, im not 100% sure he is a legit 6"6 either. his weakness is his consistency with the nba length 3 point shot so playing him off ball could be a problem. his other downside is he is really skinny so other 2's could bully him and isolate onto him.

i hope a team like Boston gets him (if rondo is traded) or some team that will allow him to be the no.1 PG because for me he wont thrive at the 2

Interesting their was an interview about him on local TV in australia today and he sounded like he was taking the college rout or atleast really considering it