1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dan Patrick Show] A conversation about the Dream that I am positive y'all missed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Jan 9, 2009.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Great interview overall by Dan with Chris Webber, so it's really worth listening to the whole thing (stories about Dream Team and stuff like that). But if you only want the portion where they discuss best centers forward to the half way mark and listen from there.

Quick recap:

Dan asks C-Webb "who's better: Ewing or Hakeem", and CW says -- without much hesitation -- "Olajuwon". Then Dan brings up a story about how he was having dinner with both Mark Jackson and Ewing, and MJax wanted to give Dan a hard time so he tried to bring it up when Ewing came in. Ewing stares at Dan in an "intimidating way" and asks him who's better, and Dan tells him "Hakeem". Then Ewing started going down a list of other great centers (e.g. Shaq, who Dan also picked over Ewing) and Dan says, "I was hoping he would bring up Chris Dudely or someone like that but he kept mentioning only guys better than him!"

C-Webb also talks about that while Shaq was the most dominant of his era, Hakeem was just the best one he ever played against, and easily the most skilled. Him and Dan proceed to faun over Dream's skillset and why they thought he was special.

Anywho, I would highly recommend you hear the whole thing, it has tinman's personal stamp of approval. Heck, there is even a McGrady mention thrown in at the end.

Go here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/interviews/index3.html

Under "December 18" you will see the Chris Webber interview. Just click on Listen and enjoy!

I don't know how to embed so if someone else can do it, then much appreciated...

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10 stars!!

:D

3. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Who's Hakeem Olajuwon?

4. Rocket Faithful

Who's GuerillaBlack are you serious how are you a member if you don't know the Dream unless your what 13??

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Sir, is your meter broken?

6. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Thanks for the heads up,dude.I did miss it and I'll go check it out fo' sho. :D

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

4 posts in 6 years. :confused:

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

like i said, arguably top 5 2-way player in the history of the L.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

:(

What happened to this board? At least 90% of the posters use to be smart in this forum, not it seems we are down in the 70's.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

edit, previous had a typo that would more than likely be nitpicked in this forum.

11. Rocket Faithful

4 posts in 6 yrs yes had lost my password and never posted under this username. I'm a huge fan just never posted very much. But how do you not know the Dream right?? :confused:

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think he was being funny when he said that.

13. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

14. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

That must be photoshoped because I only remember the Dream playing for the Rockets. :cool:

15. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

Hehehe

01-02 TOR 61 37 22.6 3.2-6.9 .464 0.0-0.0 .000 0.8-1.4 .560 1.2 1.5 1.6 2.4 1.6 4.4 6.0 1.1 7.1

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Who cares about Dream?

We have Grady the superhero. He's the greatest smiler of all time.

17. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

hakeem is the dream. real human too. if jordan didnt exist hakeem woulda made houston the best city in the world

18. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

But if Jordan didn't exist, Reggie Miller and Bob Costas would tell us it didn't count. :(

19. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

[​IMG]

I can't believe you thought I was serious.

Great interview by the way.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Here you go. Discussion about Dream was halfway:
    <embed type="application/x-mplayer2" id="dpMediaEmb" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/MediaPlayer/" src="http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/danpatrick/audio/2008/12/18/DP-Chris_Webber-12-18-08_Interview.mp3?ts=1231574127843" autostart="1" showstatusbar="0" showcontrols="1" showdisplay="1" stretchtofit="1" height="45" width="280">
    </object>

The link autoplays so I hid it inside spoiler.

#20 Invisible Fan, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009