1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dan Ellsberg Voted for Obama details O's Assault on Civil Liberties w. NDAA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The link is a very good 20 minute discussion of the threat from the NDAA and the threat to change our civil justice system and make it much more like the military justice system to the deficit of our civil liberties as ordinary citizens and to even intimidate journalists. Ellsberg is brilliant, incorruptible and quite a nice guy in private. He opines that Obama is prosecuting more whistle blowers due to the failure of liberals to protest because he is a Democrat and also the technology for tracing leaks makes it much easier. Ellsberg is assisted in the interview by an attorney who might be the lawyer in the suit by Ellsberg, Chris Hedges and others against the NDAA which is heading to the S. Ct.

I find the arguments very convincing by a source I trust greatly and have met in the past in a relatively small venue. I must admit that when these type of arguments are made by libertarian opponents of sensible government regulation/taxation , and who thus oppose the minimum welfare state we have or the government taking steps to regulate carbon emissions for instance I can't give the arguments as much credibility. I lump them as simplistic mindless government haters. Of course conservatives who use these arguments simply to bash Obama in order to promote Republicans who would almost for sure be worse on these issues have no credibility at all.
    http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/02/12/daniel-ellsberg-obama-has-conducted-clear-cut-impeachable-crimes/

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, the prosecution of whistle blowers is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in our nation.

Imagine if people are scared to report wrong doing. The wrong doing will go on and on.