1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dame not playing if Blazers not in position to make playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CK Johnson, May 26, 2020.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

2. Fefo

Fefo Member

Terrible team mate. What does this says about his love for the game and respecting your teammates?
    So you are ok to play, coz you are terrible, so you can play in meaningless games, but im a superstar, is not like im getting paid millons of dollars for shooting a ball through a hoop.
    Its a big ****you to his fans, his team fans and his teammates.
    If you wanted to be in the playoffs, i have a small tip. Try to win a few more games, instead of being in a hole for the season, needing a ****ing miracle just to have a chance.
    what a crying baby. End of Rant. sorry , got carried away.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No issue with that. Why risk your health, the health of your family, and the health of your teammates when you have nothing to play for?

Honestly, Dame is one of the most likeable players in the game

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

with Portland being where they are now and assuming they don't have a chance to get in the playoffs, it's understandable. He has nothing to play for. but that's on him and his team anyway.

But if they didn't suck all year and were in the playoff picture, he definitely wouldn't be signing this tune to this level and would be focusing on a playoff run. He's been all over social media live's on several occasions in the last 2 months, openly talking about getting the season back up and running so Port can make their run for the 8th seed.

The reports of starting straight into the playoffs just has him in his feelings. It likely won't be that way, so just wait til its announced that Portland still has a chance to make the playoffs. That energy definitely won't be the same as this when the format to resume the season is officially announced.

King1 and amaru like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

seasonal load mgmt

francis 4 prez likes this.
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Fool dropped 61 and lost. ;)

7. amaru

amaru Member

I took it more as him not wanting to risk injury in meaningless games but you’re right, Harden would get crucified for saying that.

PhilCollins, JW86, robbie380 and 3 others like this.
  8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Dame is waiting for Rodney Hood to get back.

It alot of injuries that fans are waiting on.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good. I don't blame him.

[​IMG]

#9 J.R., May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    plutoblue11, DaDakota, King1 and 2 others like this.
  10. Fefo

Fefo Member

so with your logic, its fine to risk the health of your family for a playoff spot? Being with the team will not help with that aniway, as he would be in contact with all this people aniway, so he is not helping getting his family any safer by not playing.
    If that was his intention, he will just stay home.
    This is just a bi tch act , because he is likely out of playoff contention. I have no issue for players that dont want to play because of their safety or their family safety. I actually think thats the most logical thing to do, but its not his case.

CK Johnson likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean Rox fans complaining about a personal decision from a player of another team which ain't making the playoffs.

Treating like Corona is non-existent.

He won't be suiting up anyway because it is likely going to be playoff games from here on out.

His team won't let him.

And even the remaining 5 regular season games are not worth anything atm.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, Lillard more popular around the league other than to the former OKC boys.

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Don't blame him, but **** if Harden said this............ front page of the NY Times.

thedreamsteam and CK Johnson like this.
  14. raining threes

As long as he doesn't get paid I'm ok with this.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. PhiSlammaJamma

If it's a valid point, which it is, then they shouldn't be playing at all. Anyone. Anywhere. And that's the bottom line. If you really just boil it down, why. There's no answer. We don't need them for food. We don't need them for shelter. We don't need them for Water. And we don't need them to save the economy. All this emphasis on risking lives, and for what. It's like ancient Rome and the Coliseum. Are we not entertained? I ask you. Are you not entertained?

#17 PhiSlammaJamma, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    amaru and stilldr34amin' like this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The full article is important to read. I don't have a problem with what he said. Though he could have coordinated with the team to shift the blame on the team and not him. They are 3.5 back and don't really have a realistic shot. I love the idea of some kind of play in. NBA needs to do something exciting because a title this year will have an asterisk on it anyway. I also think they'd be pretty dangerous to the Lakers with Nurkic and Collins healthy

"If we come back and I don't have an opportunity to make the playoffs, I will show up to work, I'll be at practice and I'll be with my team. I'm going to do all that and then I'm going to be sitting right on that bench during the games," Lillard told Yahoo Sports. "If they come back and say it's something like a tournament, play-in style, between the No. 7 and No. 12 seeds, if we're playing for playoff spots, then I think that's perfect."

Lillard is optimistic about how his team would fare if given a shot to make the postseason.

Starting center Jusuf Nurkic was scheduled to make his season debut two months ago after recovering from compound fractures of his left tibia and fibula that occurred March 25, 2019. And Zach Collins, the team's promising young starting power forward who's been sidelined since the third game of the season, was also in line for a March return after recovering from left shoulder surgery.

"It would suck not to get in the playoffs because our thing was, we had fought ourselves back into position to get a spot," Lillard told Yahoo Sports. "We had our starting center and starting power forward coming back, so we had a lot to look forward to and for a great reason. Now, they're healthy and have extra time to train and rehab while everybody's rusty. So now, they won't be coming back as the only rusty players. And if everybody's rusty, we can come in here and beat everybody. I do feel like if we do come back and our mind is right, we can beat anyone. It's going to be hard to get going with no fans, you've been off all this time and some people are just ready for summer like, ‘I haven't played in a long time and the season is basically over to me. Do I really care like I cared before?' It's going to be a lot of those factors going on and that presents a lot of room for a team to [overperform]. Like, really mess around and knock some teams off and then, 'Oh, they're in the Western Conference finals.' It's room for that with this situation. So the fact that it's possible and we wouldn't get an opportunity at that, that's weak to me. I ain't getting no younger."

A potential Los Angeles Lakers-Trail Blazers matchup likely would be the most anticipated series of the first round.

"I just feel like that would be the matchup people want to see," Lillard told Yahoo Sports. "And not to say nobody wants to see Memphis, because they're in the eighth and they've been in the eighth spot for a while. They've earned that. You can't take anything away from Memphis. They play hard, they're exciting and they've got a lot of young talent. The Lakers would have their hands full playing against them. Memphis beat the Lakers this year. Memphis would have nothing to lose. I feel like both series could be a little bit hectic for the Lakers, but I think more so us, because of the experience and where we are in our careers. Not too long ago, we played them in L.A. and obviously I had a great game and we won a close one, and in the playoffs, I'm sure they would come up with some type of game plan to not allow that to happen. But I want to compete. That's what we want."

KingCheetah likes this.
  19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

He’s such a great whiner. Obviously he’s lobbying since he released it thru Chris Haynes.

also, if he’s concerned about getting sick, then why would he even accompany the team? Just stay home then.