1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dallas fan/player helping the Rockets]Did anyone else notice this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scv_rockets, Mar 7, 2008.

1. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this....
    But, it happened sometime in the third or fourth quarter. I can't exactly remember when. But, it happened when Bobby Jackson was pressured by the Mavericks defense at the 3-point line, and someone from the Dallas crowd OR Mavericks bench shouted, "3, 2, 1...." to trick him with the shot clock when there was actually 5-6 seconds left.. Jackson shot up the three. Nothing but net.

I hope that Maverick fan/player ate some crow afterwards.

Any one else catch that? I thought it was hilarious. YouTube please.

2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

3. desertfire

desertfire Member

Yes, I caught it. I wasn't sure if he just shot it because he was open or if he really could hear the guy. However, that his voice came through TV that clear shows what a dead crowd it was!

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i heard that....

5. go2france

go2france Member

i wasn't noticing it at the time BJ shot the 3.but found the clock still count down while the ball hitting into the basket.

6. zforrest

zforrest Member

Dude, NOT worthy of youtubing. That happens all the time at all levels of basketball.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I caught it...and I immediately handed the ball back to the ref because I really have no business being on an NBA basketball court.

8. cody

cody Member

9. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I'm pretty sure that NBA players don't recognize nor take that stuff into account from fans. I've seen and heard it done from junior high basketball games all the way up through college. It only works on the junior high kids, and rarely. :)

Jackson probably didn't even hear it.