1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2016 - 2017

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Surfguy, Aug 16, 2016.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

1. Wasn't cut.
    2. You're reaching quite a lot. He had 1 good sophomore year and 2 better follow up years. All 3 seasons he helped his team get to the NFC championship game and in one of those seasons- the Super Bowl. He had one bad season, last season.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

The era begins!

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

1. No but there were a lot of reports that he was on the verge of being cut and he still may be. Time will tell.

2. I stand by my stance that he has regressed. He had a good 2012 11-5 reg season with a superbowl loss. Then followed that up with a very respectable 12-4 regular season with a championship game loss, but then as he was garnering all the praise of the next best thing he went 8-8 and then last year he went 5-11. Dude was not good the last 2 years. Also his TD/ints went 2012 10/3, 2013 21/8, 2014 19/10, and 2015 6/5. QB rating has been on a downward trend. 98.3, 91.6, 86.4, 78.5.

He may eventually beat out Gabbert and start again for the 49ers, or he may be cut somewhere along the way... or he may just ride the pine. Anyway you slice it his game has regressed due to injuries or what ever else he has going on in his life. Dude has skills I'm just not sure his head is in it.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zeke is free. Zeke is innocent. No charges <a href="https://t.co/IJ0Zz1RaIr">https://t.co/IJ0Zz1RaIr</a></p>&mdash; Clarence Hill (@clarencehilljr) <a href="https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/773252400899424256">September 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I was a bit underwhelmed by the Cowboys play in that game. It started pretty good but same old can't get TDs in the red zone bit the team again. It just felt like any other typical Cowboys loss from last season.

I'll give it to Dak, though. He did an okay job for his first regular season game. He did much better than any backup did for the Cowboys last season and in his first game. He's not the reason we lost.

We lost because of the defense, the poor running game, Mr. "Almost A TD Catch" Dez Bryant (1 catch for 8 yards), and Mr. "I'm Too Stupid To Get Out Of Bounds" Terrance Williams.

Zeke was kind of a bust. I strongly believe Morris is a better RB at this time than Zeke is. But, Zeke is going to start and get more carries just because he was a 1st round top 10 pick. It has nothing to do with who is better currently.

If I had to go by this game, then I'd take Romo over Dak still when Romo comes back. It's not getting any easier next weekend @ Washington.

It's tough to figure how this season is going to go after one game. The defense still seems like the main problem...giving up 10+ yard runs in the 4th quarter not stopping anybody. Yea...everyone says when we get our suspended players back...it will be different. I don't necessarily buy into that.

Taking the good and the bad...and it still comes out to an average football team.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Romo is old and hurt all the time. Its time to move on.

7. Surfguy

Well...when he comes back and promptly gets hurt again (which everyone expects)...then it will be over for him unless they plan on retaining him as an overpaid backup. Jerry has to see the light at some point.

It really comes down to do you put Romo back in at the risk of yanking Daz and stalling his development and progress. I can easily see wanting to just remain with Daz if he does okay to well...but then you are on the hook with Romo's huge contract and it's too much to keep him on the roster in a non-starting role imo. But, if you cut him, then you are on the hook for a lot of that I would imagine.

The Jerry love affair with Romo has to stop at some point. Jerry may need counseling.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Cowboys don't know how to use their scheme to get Dez open; other teams with WR1s know how to get their guy open, i.e. Green, Brown, Hopkins, and many others. Running a play for a Witten screen on 3rd and 18 was absolutely stupid as well.

9. Surfguy

Anyone care to venture a guess at what Dez's stats will be next weekend @ Washington playing against Norman? I would say he's in for another rough game...as are the Cowboys. Norman schooled Dez last season. Cowboys are notorious for getting their butts kicked in Washington. It's going to take a minor miracle to win that game. And, Washington is not a happy team at the moment. It will be interesting. Dak is in for another big test.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Most likely win #1 of 18 in a row.

11. Buck Turgidson

peleincubus at 3:15PM Sunday:

[​IMG]

12. Surfguy

Cowboys better not lose to Chicago on Sunday Night Football.

Cutler is hurt and out. Many of Chicago's defensive players are hurt.

It's obviously not a sure thing...but Chicago is hurting.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

heyyy :(:(

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The youngsters are carrying the day, I think Romo has lost his job.

DD

15. Buck Turgidson

That was last week! I'm sure tonight you look as amazing as Jerrah's newest facelift.

I'm a Texans fan, I have no room to talk.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Supposed to have an MRI already; feel like the cowboys are hiding something like they usually do:

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bease droppin' beats! :D

javal_lon likes this.
  19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

That's actually hot!