1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DailyCaller]Wasserman Schultz’s IT Aide Arrested At Airport After Transferring $300k To Pakistan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 26, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are you insinuating that at the time she knew that he was a con artist and a thief, or is it quite possible that she was just asking as an upset manager would act in a job role where she saw one of his/her low level aides getting hassled and accused by an outside person?

I haven't seen the video FYI so I don't know if her conduct was appropriate or not. But it sounds like she was sticking up for a low level staffer at the time. If you have evidence that she was in on the crime than that's another thing.

So that's why I ask... whats your point here? Are you mad that how dare she hire, and stick up for a low level IT aide, or are you insinuating that EVERY DEMOCRAT is corrupt and assisting in this crime to send money to Pakistan because of some sort of scam setup through a low level IT staffer that was facilitating this transaction on behalf of DWS and the Democratic party? I just dont really get the point of why I should be spending a ton of time reading this, and caring?

Every damn scandal that comes from these fringe Right Wing sites seems to point at that referendum of "The Proverbial Left" based on some wild conspiracy theory. Its time that people start calling out this stuff on the front end of discussing it and saying... have some balls and tell me what your point is? Are you trying in some a$%backwards conspiratorial way of saying everyone on the left is corrupt? Okay then, just say that and move on.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this where I can order the Nothing Turkeyburger?

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No I am not trying to paint all of the left with a broad brush. This story has taken quite a few turns in the last few months and this is just another twist. There was no doubt these guys were up to something from the beginning and they were dropped by everyone except DWS. I am fine with waiting for the investigation to run its course.

4. Anticope

Anticope Member

Everyone seemed to distance themselves from the guy once he was under investigation, except for DWS of course. Not surprising given her sketchy history including being in the tank for Hillary as head of the DNC.

5. dobro1229

Well I'm sure if Debbie Wasserman Shultz runs for president, or when she runs for re-election of her seat, its certainly something she'll have to explain further about what she knew and when she knew it. We know the GOP won't let any potential lead for wrongdoing go unnoticed.

As of now though it looks on the surface like she was sticking up for a low level IT employee who was getting hassled by the Feds, and now there is evidence he actually had a good reason for being hassled. But its possible she didn't know that at the time, and just was acting like a good manager in her eyes.

There is no evidence I see though that she was benefiting or connected to his scam, so not sure if this is as groundbreaking as the other half a dozen stories breaking an hour on the other side of the isle that are probably more important than this story in the grand scheme of things. Like taking health care away from 20 million people, or legal discriminatory practices Trump is implementing in our military.

But its not my place to say what is or isn't thread worthy so carry on. Just my 2 cents.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

80 page thread with no charges. Thread worthy.

1.5 page thread after charges filed. Not thread worthy.

Cool.

Cohete Rojo and cml750 like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Didn't you just answer your own question. What is there to debate about someone stealing, being called out by both sides of the aisle and having the rightful charges filed..? Do you want to start a thread on every other crime committed as well?

For the sake of partisanship a lot of my fellow republicans sure like playing the victim card on here.

Deckard and across110thstreet like this.
  8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I support the investigation and prosecution of the Pakistani wire fraud and also Russian interference and collision in US elections totally equally.

No Worries and Deckard like this.
  9. dobro1229

If DWS was president or running for President I would bet you 100 bucks this thread would be 80+ pages. How many pages did the lead Hillary Email thread go? Were there any charges filed?

and again... straight from Trump J.-

nothing to see there though...

R0ckets03, No Worries and Deckard like this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

For the record, I think they are both thread worthy.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think the two big differences... in one, no one is saying there shouldn't be an investigation and prosecution of Pakistani wire fraud.

And the other involves the emoluments, collusion, and obstruction of justice charges involving the POTUS, his campaign staff, his cabinet, and family and Russians.

Which one would you expect to get more pages of discussion?

12. Buck Turgidson

I will admit, here in front of a jury of my peers, that I have consumed and enjoyed one or more
    • turkey burgers
    • black bean burgers
    • tofu curry stuff
    • turkey bacon
    • chili with beans (and even corn)
    • "impossible burger"
    See Trump, it's not that hard to come clean.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Chili with beans? Get a rope!!

#33 Deckard, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  14. Buck Turgidson

One of my exes called it "Deer Valley Chili". It had kidney beans and corn in it. I told her it was delicious beef soup but it's sure as hell not chili. I made proper chili later that winter and it was "too hot to eat". That relationship did not last through the Spring.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

How do we end up paying a whole family from Pakistan to provide IT services for dozens of Democratic figures? Here are her threats to capitol police

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it really comes full circle, doesn't it?

The revelations about the family, the threats to police.

What did obama know, and when?

17. Nook

Nook Member

One is President of the United States.

The other one isn't.

Cool

FWIW I can't stand DWS and won't shed a tear when she is finally flushed down the Washington toilet.

Astrodome likes this.
  18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Another trump conspiracy laid to rest...

FranchiseBlade likes this.