1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I honestly don’t know. I would suspect Paul resigning with OKC makes the Lakers less attractive to James. I am just saying it is very possible George decides to stay in OKC even if James asks him to go to LA. The other domino to watch is Leonard. If he doesn’t agree to the super max in SA, then you could see a Leonard/James situation.

The longer this plays out, with George possibly staying in OKC and Leonard staying in SA... the more I wonder if it is the Sixers or another team. The Rockets have Paul chirping in James ear and he is best friends with James. However I do believe James will make this decision and no one will push him into it.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. aroundtheblock2

You realize all this information you're throwing out is coming from huge Lakers fans right? You do realize most of the media is based in Los Angeles, right?

The reports are spurs are sitting with Kawhi soon to discuss supermax extension. Him going to the Lakers is extremely unlikely.

You're getting caught up in the L.A. propaganda. Hence why they're the Vegas "favorites" to land LeBron right now.

3. Nook

Nook Member

It doesn’t matter whether the Lakers or Rockets can offer more in a trade for LeBron James. It matters where James says he wants to go. The Rockets have sufficient assets to execute a deal for James.

All the recent reports are that Leonard will sign the supermax with San Antonio. Expecting him to give up tens of millions of dollars to sign with the Lakers is asking a lot.

LeBron James has also said at this point he doesn’t really want to play with young developing players and his decision will be a basketball decision.

At the end of the day no one but LeBron is making the decision. He let other people influence him (Carter) with how he handled “The Decision” and regretted it. He didn’t let Carter or Wade or Riley or anyone else influence him when he made the decision to go back to Cleveland.

Corrosion likes this.
  4. SS0101

SS0101 Member

What a great point...this guy is chastising us for being "homers" on OUR site meanwhile he is spewing information as if he was a homer from a Lakers site or something. His last post....talking about lakers young players. Biggest lakers homer bs there is. Whatever, give ANY rookie the playing time they got because the lakers suck so bad and they would put up decent numbers. Ingram is the only intriguing player of the bunch.

5. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Celtics have way more assets than the lakers. Leonard wants out I SERIOUSLY doubt pop trades him to the lakers even IF they had the better trade package much less the fact that they don't. I would imagine celtics go hard after Leonard if he becomes available.

sammy likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes. I put myself in LeBron James position and go over all the pros and cons. I did the same with D12.

You do realize all I’m hearing here is Rockets fans pushing the naratives that force LeBron to Houston.

Got filter everything out and take everything with a grain of salt. I’m 49 yrs old and have been studying people all
    my life. I know people well. So not only do I know basketball inside and out, but I study the personality, persona, skills, the chemistry. Melo staying in NY got me. I was hoping no state tax could offset the money
    of Knicks. He resigned with NY.....but it didn’t work out did it.

This is not setting coming together at the last minute between PG13/LeBron/and possibly Kawhi.....it’s been yrs in the
    making. That’s LeBron.

bawanyh likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Bold is flat out False.

They would be DEEP into the luxury tax but they COULD do what you say they cant. That's a fact.

We've been over the scenario's countless times. That's just a common media misconception that they have to destruct the team to acquire Lebron.

Now that's NOT arguing with your overall point , just stating that you are basing your conclusion off of some misinformation ….

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The deadline for his option is June 29th. He's got to submit the decision / documents to the league (either way) by that date.

But the moment he actually does opt OUT , the Rockets are OUT of contention for his services.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

PG13 opting in means nothing in terms of LBJ …. He could be doing so with the same intentions of OKC trading him to his preferred destination if that team doesn't have cap space to sign him outright. That could also be a way for the Lakers (or any team) to clear cap space.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

PG opting in means he loses out on 10 million dollars. If Lebron opts in he actually makes more money. PG would be crazy to opt in with his injury history.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So explain.

Would you say Lebron is sensitive about his legacy!?

If the answer is yes then he isn’t going to LA.

12. aroundtheblock2

His career would end pretty dull with a 2nd round exit.

Nook and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

amaru likes this.
  14. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

What injury history? I remember the freak incident with his leg (not likely to ever re-injure), but what other ailments has he had?

16. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

All these rumors and innuendos and it’s only June 12

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Chris Paul told the Clippers he was opting out of hit deal last offseason; only to eventually opt in for the trade to Houston.

The opt out threat is the ultimate leverage play. It says: “I’m leaving, so you can play ball and get something in return, or lose me for nothing.”

Hakeemtheking and Bobbythegreat like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

he had surgery on his knee and elbow this summer

Fullcourt likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt that Leking is putting his eggs in one basket.

Even if Hou is plan A, there is a Plan b and c. Wise decisions.

20. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I like how he’s so matter of fact, and taking it so personal that the Houston rockets have a chance to get Lebron. He seems seriously upset. This **** is too funny.