1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daequan Cook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Nov 19, 2012.

1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I think it might be time to give this guy a run at the back up (point guard).

Obviously he will be out there with either Harden or Lin so his roll is mainly to space the floor and shoot cause i'm sure he can definitely do it better than Douglas with the same amount of attempts. If he could be on the rotation in Thunder there is no reason he shouldn't be having a look in Houston especially considering our backcourt struggles.

Put him in coach, this is the game especially with Harden sick as a dog.

It's not like Douglas is doing much playmaking either.

2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

ANYTHING to get Douglas off of the court.

The guy is by far the worst player in the league.

3. fv court

fv court Member

last night vs Lakers featured the two worst point guards in the NBA, Toney Douglas and Chris Duhon.

4. dream1222

dream1222 Member

Not sure if Cook could defend fast PG. but anything is better than Toney. Toney is not a nba player.

5. thekad

thekad Member

You forgot Jeremy Lin.

1 person likes this.
  6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Stupid post.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Parsons actually facilitated the offense better than any PG the Rockets have thrown out on the court this season in a traditional sense (no, I dont mean Harden obviously). He really does a good job at quarterbacking the offense from the top of the key. He's methodical, but he gets the job done pretty efficiently. When Harden is off the court, I would like to see the Rockets let Parsons run the show more often.

D. Cook... sorry, but he needs to be spotting up for 3's in the corner. That's what they need to be getting out of him.... floor spacing. Anything to keep the defense from clogging the paint for Lin and Harden.

Douglas... Yeah... not much to say that already hasn't been said. The Rockets have to play him right now though. They are going to move him at some point during the season as an expiring and would like to keep some value in him as a trade asset. He's going to keep on playing until February unfortunately. Never been a big fan of his, but at least he plays solid defense.

Just stay patient guys, he will gone before we know it.

8. jocar

jocar Member

Go back to singing?
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jfoxsfhi-kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

No seriously don't you guys think putting him in the point guard spot and getting him to pass the ball to Harden to spot up will be better than Douglas.

I mean Douglas is hopeless.

10. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

LoL trolltard:grin::grin::grin:

11. Royce's Shrink

Let's get rid of this clown!

12. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Toney Douglas, just because someone said something bad about you doesn't mean you have to take it out on the guy that beat you for the starting gig :rolleyes:

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Does Cook have pictures of Kelvin's wife? Ok then, lets move on.

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

15. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I have been saying all season that we need a consistent threat from the 3 point line and that Cook should be that guy. Morris, Chandler and Delfino have all been good at times but I think if you have the former NBA 3 Pt Shootout champ on the team, you use him. When Harden or Lin drive to the basket, the D will collapse on him and Cook should have all day to shoot 3. I'd much rather have him jackin up 3's than Patterson.

16. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I seriously think its stupid not to play him.

He can do everything Douglas can do (which is nothing) and the kid can obviously shoot.

17. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Can he defend?

18. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Yeah, Harden play the pick and roll, and let cook spot up 3. I cant believe I said this, but i actually wish Delfino is playing...

19. kastuul

kastuul Member

Toney is not bad.
    He is not consistent.

20. kastuul

kastuul Member

I don't expect he will be a rocket next season.