1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Wade Bought out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Sep 24, 2017.

1. rockets13champs

Me when We acquired Dwade

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

After Melo, I think it's best to set my heart on going with the squad we've got.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

or someone who isn't at retirement age.

4. tmacman

tmacman Member

No it isn't. Tweet's will up.

5. tmacman

tmacman Member

*still

amaru likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Warriors kept status quo except for swapping out some bench guys albeit a bit better ones.

Spurs, did absolutely nothing but replace their bench player with one coming of an Achilles injury. Oh yeah, disgruntled there #2 and their pg who's flipping 50 is missing half the year

Cavs, downgraded the pg spot losin kyrie for a draft pick.

So, okc adds George and melo, neither of which are nearly as good as cp3. So adding 2 stars to the 6th seed is more valuable than adding a superstar to the 3rd seed?

So, adding butler and Teague is more value on a non playoff team then adding cp3 the 3rd seed?

So, is jrue resigning in a non playoff team of NOP better value?

Adding millsap to a non playoff Denver is more value?

I swear Carmelo has to be your favorite player, because the rockets made the best offseason acquisition this year. Okc made 2 big splashes and the more recent one but we made the biggest splash.

You are taking this melo news way to hardly. Relax

jeffvangundy and FLASH21 like this.
  7. PatBev

PatBev Member

Lol we did not make the biggest splash chill the **** out

At least Melo has proven he can make it to the WCF which is more than I can say for a 33yr old, injury prone, never made it past the 2nd round even with two all stars

Actually Westbrook/Melo/George have all made it further in the playoffs with their individual teams than CP3 ever has.

8. BigMaloe

Lol...................

The biggest splash was and will be CP3. He's by far the best player moved. I love pbev too, but anything else is a lie. It just happened to be the first move so people forgot about it.

Butler wasn't as big a move.

George wasn't.

Kyrie wasn't.

Melo wasn't.

People are just acting like the sky is falling

heypartner likes this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You have got to be kidding.

This "playoff" Melo you speak of, was from 8 years ago... since then he hasn't even sniffed the playoffs at least CP3 had beaten championship caliber team in SAS before losing to us in 7 a couple years ago.

Melo hasn't been this iron man that you're making him out to be either. He's dealt with shoulder and knee injuries for the past few years.

You're logic is dumb af. Sure George made the playoffs, he got swept by Cleveland, big fu**in whoop. And Westbrook, the MVP got the broom gentleman like by Harden and now you're adding CP3 to the mix?

Believe me I wanted Melo for his versatility but he's still the same age as CP3 and injury prone so there would have been concerns.

But with you... you might as well go ahead and get yourself a Thunder buddies jersey for next season.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. PatBev

PatBev Member

Haha my friends think I'm one of the most annoying people how much I hype the rockets.

I know I'm coming if as a little bitter and ignorant but I'm just trying to give facts because it seems like everyone defending not get Melo is really saying anything with truth but hypothetical hopes

Morey been chasing a big 3 for a reason. Y'all call me dumb but every team trying to compete wanted Melo and I've heard Morey talk about the importance of a big 3 for years

I hope I'm proven wrong but I just try to be realistic. Two proven point guards with a streaky 3&D guy, the most predictable PF who can't do LITERALLY anything besides shoots 3s and sucks in the playoffs, and a 23yr old center who is pretty much there for lobs and still increasing his offensive skills. We also have Gordon who is basically a smaller slightly better 6th man. All I'm saying is that to me we don't stack up to what GS and possibly OKC can do now

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes hes been chasing a big 3. we all know that but the part you dont seem to get is he doesn't make the move at the expense of making the team worse.

12. BigMaloe

honestly it would have been big 3 in name only.

I wanted melo because I think he can do what melo does comparatively at spot up but adds an extra dimension of creating his own shot of needed.

But that's all he would have been, spotting up like Ryan.

I prefer Ryan's contract going forward rather than having to remax melo or give him 4/120 or even 4/100 at his age

That genuinely scared me but I counted on outside hope lebron would want to join melo and cp3 and harden next year

I like our odds just as much without melo as I would with him. Now we don't have any potential problems with him wanting the ball or past bad blood with MDA

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Exactly. If DM thought Melo was a legit #3 as part of a Big 3, he would have upped his offer.

He didn't.

And frankly, NO GM out there did.

Melo got traded for Enes Kanter for god's sake. And I like Enes Kanter. But the only reason Melo wasn't trade to Houston months ago and was trade to the Thunder today (this weekend) was because Kanter has 1 and maybe 2 les years on his contract.

The Thunder didn't chase Melo with some amazing package.

The Rockets could trade for someone like, say, Tobias Harris during the season [more or less straight up deal for Ryno...] and it'd basically be the exact same as trading for Melo.... it just wouldn't be viewed as such. And this isn't revisionist, I was pro-Melo. But absolutely not at the cost of Gordon or Ariza or Capela in addition to Anderson, picks.

Mind you, this is also the reason why nobody really cared about all the Portland talk. Maybe that could have ultimately become a possibility, but it would have been a "yawn" nationally. The trade is bigger news because its teaming up with Russ and PG in OKC, which sets up a nice rivalry with GSW, and makes people curious about how the fit will work, yada, yada. For the same reasons it would have been talked up if traded to the Rockets, teaming with Harden and CP3. Because both those two-somes are light years better than Lillard/McCollum.

YOLO likes this.
  14. Normalus

Normalus Member

What's so surprising about that? He has earned more than 200M$ in his career. It's enough money for 3 generations to live a king's life.

#74 Normalus, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj(on M&M): Cleveland is strong front-runner. OKC is making their case right now. I'm told they're the other significant consideration. Miami most unlikely. San Antonio is another. Cleveland, because of the obvious, they're a significant favorite. He'll clear waivers on Wednesday & sign with Cleveland or whoever. Cavs are the team to beat for Wade.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Biggest splash is okc adding two stars... it's blind homerism to think otherwise

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

That's not a single splash.

That's 2 different roster moves at 2 different times.

They had the better off season, but again, we had the single biggest splash

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member