1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Wade Bought out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Sep 24, 2017.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Lol love it. The Rockets had the third best record in the league, got Chris Paul in the offseason and now their rep around the league is that they aren’t a top 5 team and stars don’t want to play here. Got it. You are really taking this carmelo thing hard.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

CP3 is currently drowning himself in the Galleria Water Wall.

[​IMG]

PeterKingX likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This off-season is really fleshing out the banana boat hierarchy. I mean, just how low is CP3 on the totem pole? Letoya Luckett Destiny's Child low? Gawd I hope not. Last time I checked, there are only 3 members in Destiny's Child.. :(

RasaqBoi, amaru and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Wade has value but he doesn't fit what we do at all. Pass.

amaru likes this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think other teams around them got a lot better. I never considered us better than Warriors / Spurs / Cavs.

A star driven league, Harden needs more help. I don't trust Ariza, Gordon, Capela, Anderson when it gets to playoffs and we need scoring. Those guys are system based players. I would have traded 2 of them to gamble on a proven STAR player. That's just my opinion. Warriors let go of Barnes / Bogut to get Durant.

Some ppl take gambles in life & live with where it goes... Others like to slowly add & wait for things to work itself out. Houston Texans style.

The last time Eric Gordon played over 70 games in back to back seasons was NEVER.

The last time Ryan Anderson played over 70 games in back to back seasons was Never.

Rockets will be a good team. Just don't see us in the upper tier.

pippendagimp and amaru like this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon and Isaiah as PGS in Cleveland, also with SGs of JR Smith, Kyle Korver and Iman Shumpert. They are packed already. I'd be surprised if we don't get a sniff of Wade.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Quinncy and Vivi like this.
  9. Classic

Classic Member

Big decision for Wade. If he is into winning you gotta think Cavs for that guaranteed ticket to the finals. Fact is the east is so weak wade & James can rest 15 games per year and still lock a top two. Not so in the west. He could actually get an extra season or two playing in that **** hole we call Cleveland

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wade: "I was a little disappointed. Up 2-0 vs. Boston on road. Rondo goes down. If that doesn’t happen, we’re having different conversation"

Wade: "There are a lot of things that have been said about the Bulls front office and ownership. But for me, I have no complaints."

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

OKC probably gonna get him too.

**** my life. Watching our only (marginally small... but still a chance) shot at a championship with Harden get painfully ripped out of our hands.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Dear God I hope not

Hoping Cleveland comes through

13. BackdoorHarden

How is it possible the 2 small market team, OKC and Cleveland are getting all the talents???

Everyone is leaving NYC, Chicago, and LA. The 3 biggest markets can't get talent!!

We need to help out the big market team

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...yane-wade-contract-buyout-20170924-story.html

"I just felt it was time for me, turning 36, that I want to be competing for a championship," Wade told the Tribune in a phone interview. "I said when I got here, it was always a dream for me to play here. And getting that opportunity was special. And I can't even say it wasn't what everyone expected because we went to the playoffs. And trying to restore this franchise to respectability was our goal. The organization decided to go in a different direction, which I respect.

"I understand how business works in this league. They were going a direction that at this point of my career, I didn't want to be a part of. Being unselfish, these young players they're giving these opportunities to, they need to have that time to make mistakes and learn as they're growing and building what they envision. They don't need an old guy like me hanging around them."

"Everybody treated me fine," Wade said. "Obviously, we had that situation when me and Jimmy decided to go out in the media and say the things we wanted to say. The organization reacted the way they needed to react to show what they won't take.

"But the day I signed, (general manager) Gar (Forman) was nothing but great with me. We communicated a lot. There are a lot of things that have been said about the Bulls front office and ownership. But for me, I have no complaints. They treated me fine. Michael and Jerry (Reinsdorf) and their wives were warm and open to me and my wife. I'm really thankful. They allowed me to live out this dream that I had. And deep in my heart, I'm always a Bulls fan from my youth. I'm always going to watch and support."

Wade said he had mixed feelings about the Butler trade.

"I understand the league. I've been around awhile," he said. "What did surprise me was I asked Jimmy about his conversations with them and it didn't seem like it was going that direction. Plus, you've got one of the top five or six players in the game. That's what you want and you were able to build that in-house. I was a little disappointed because being up 2-0 versus Boston on the road, Rondo goes down. If that doesn't happen, we're having a different conversation.

"But (management) never told me Jimmy's not going anywhere. They gave me their take on the possibility of trade and left it open, which they should do. Even though I'm a player, I always put myself on the other side. For me, you're either going to get behind (coach) Fred (Hoiberg) and build a team behind Fred that can help him be a successful coach. Or you're going to get behind Jimmy.

"Also, I need to say this: A lot of people give Fred a lot of flak. I don't think they should. He hasn't had the opportunity he signed up to have, and I hope they get there and give him a team that works with his personality and his coaching style and his assistant coaches' style. They were nothing but great to me. I appreciate Fred."

Wade said he isn't sure where he will land next.

"I haven't been able to talk to teams," he said. "I have a list of places that I will look at. My phone is blowing up at this moment. What it's about for me is looking at the right role. I feel I can still play."​

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Gotta say I'm surprised Wade gave up $8 million. Guess he REALLY didn't want to show up at Bulls camp.

amaru likes this.
  18. rockets13champs

He wants to win

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Alex Kennedy is trash. Wade does not make sense in Houston at all. There really isn't any room in the rotation for him.

IvanLCPM, touring_low and amaru like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

That tweet is also gone