1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D' Antoni is not a motivator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, May 12, 2017.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

I remember when D' Antoni said that he does not scold or yell at his players because he thinks NBA players are NBA players for a reason. they would not have made it without their talent. You only see him get angry at officials.I think making players accountable for their effort should be a must. You see Pop yell at his players to motivate them. Talent or skill alone does not make them better players already even at a NBA level. I think last night was the best time to ask James what's wrong and why he is playing like that. Yes it is sometimes deceiving if James is tired or just playing slow because his pace have always been like that. But I think if you played with him a long time then a coach should recognize if he is giving it his all or he totally does not care. Before the start the start of the second half, coach and James were seating one seat apart when they could have talked to maximize the time. I just think the team atmosphere is too relaxed. Only Bev is not relaxed. This seems to be a minor factor but you can see a pattern with James and the coaches he has been. Only Thibs on the USA team seem to be the only coach that will yell and motivate him and you can see the result.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Ehhhh i agree that we are all emotional but we should stop crucifying the dudes who gave us a bounce back season.

Dantoni/harden is the future for the next 3/4 years. Like it or not, i will be rooting for them next year. Morey has said all along the goal was homecourt advantage in the 1st round and a playoff series victory. We did that.

Dont give up on our guys