1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cynthia Cooper / JVG analogy.......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TECH, Mar 10, 2004.

1. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I had a thought the other day about a few things.

It seems that Steve has been playing quite a bit better than he has all season long. Maybe he's feeling better about JVG, his role, his teammates, whatever......

Cynthia Cooper seems to be getting better at her new job as well. Or are we growing to accept her for what she is, which is a very new commentator/analyst who is learning her own role.

My thoughts are that Steve may have at first been a bit reluctant to accept his role in JVG's system, and all that that entails, but now may be realizing his role, realizing his part, and generally doing what he needs to do. Perhaps he has been willing and trying his best from the start, and is just now getting comfortable with the whole ordeal....either way, I hope it gets better from here.

Perhaps we here at CF.net are now getting over the fact that Lisa Melosky (sp?) is gone, and Coop is here to stay. And maybe it ain't all that bad...

Ok, I'll go away now.......:p

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

i'm not accepting cynthia cooper and i don't think she's getting better. i think you're getting used to the smell of garbage so it doesn't stink as bad anymore. i haven't yet grown used to the smell personally.

3. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Haha, could be.

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

:D

I second that, and I'm definitely not getting used to her either. SHE SUCKS! AHH SO BAD!

Then again, I don't really know if she is getting better because I always change the channel.

5. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

Is it me or does Coop only have two lines? "They played with intensity" and "They really came to play." That's basically the summation of her analysis after each game.

6. Summer Song Giver

I wish she was good but she just isn't.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, she will always suck. She just doesn't fit.

8. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Cynthia getting better??? take the mute off your tv during the haltime report then tell me what it sounds like.

She's horrible, you would think she'd be better, but to no avail, she's not. Bring in Bullard!!!

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Cynthia Cooper is hot when she dances with the rocket's Power dancers. She has 5 kids - I can see why - as she is attractive....

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Ok, bad analogy.......:D

I actually think Coop has made a small improvement.........but Steve seems to be doing better.....:D

11. Asspirin

Asspirin Member

I want Megan Manfull!

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm sure that many of the players butted heads with JVG. Even Yao reportedly had a few struggles early on.

With Francis, I just think there was more pressure on him than anyone else. He had to change much of his game for the betterment of the team. Even his shooting motion had to change just to suit the team's style.

Trying to make that kind of change in a few months is tough when you've been playing the game the same way your whole life.

It took Yao about a season-and-a-half to adjust to the NBA style of play. Why should we think it would be any different for Francis going from one style of play to another that is nearly the polar opposite.

Dr. Jack Ramsey commented about the Rockets before the season saying that they would likely have the toughest adjustment of any team going from Rudy T. to Jeff Van Gundy and their two contrasting styles of play and coaching. He said he expected it to take them a full season to get used to the JVG system.

I think that predicition is bearing itself out.

13. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Trade Cynthia Cooper for Lisa Leslie!

14. B

B Contributing Member

Air Bull! I wonder if Matt Bullard doesn't want the job Cooper has. I hope the Rockets decide to part ways with Cooper in the offseason and replace her with one of the most popular former Rockets (according to a Rockets.com poll a couple of years ago) Matt Bullard.

B

15. birat

birat Member

di du mean Cynthia Blooper?

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I am all for Air Bull taking over..

if you listento him when they do have him on...he knows the game and can make coherent observations.

17. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

amen my brother! couldnt have said it better!! this post of yours might be simple, but its one of the best posts ive seen here in cf.net especially stevie's adjustment and the whole team's adjustment from rudy to jvg.

18. outlaw

outlaw Member

Well this news should excite some of you if it does happen:

Cooper eyes Trojans job

By Ramona Shelburne
    Staff Writer

Cynthia Cooper, who won two national titles at USC in 1983-84, expressed interest in the vacant USC women's basketball coaching position Wednesday.

"I have nothing but fond memories of my time at SC and I'd be very interested in coming back to regenerate interest in women's basketball in the area," said Cooper, a two-time MVP of the WNBA.

Trojans senior associate athletic director Daryl Gross said the school had not made contact with Cooper but that "we've had a lot of interest in the job and ... obviously, someone with her credentials would be considered like everybody else."

Cooper, 40, is under contract with the Houston Comets. She played four games last season before a torn rotator cuff tendon sidelined her. She has previous head-coaching experience with the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury in 2001-02.

Last week, USC contacted former coach Cheryl Miller, now an analyst with TNT. According to TNT spokesman Jeff Pomeroy, Miller has multiple years remaining on her contract with the network.
    http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~28543~2039496,00.html

19. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

I th-thi-think cccooper sucks. Bill, Calvin, what do you think?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think 3 are adopted . . .but i see ya point

She *is* hard to listen to though. Sometimes It seems she not quick with the teleprompter. . . she has not learned to mess up a word and keep rolling. She goes back and punctuates the mistake by trying to reread it.

Rocket RIver